Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • First time in Hebden Bridge
  • grum
    Free Member

Is Stanny’s the one that currently has a tree across it near the top – quite slabby and tricky in places? Did a route very similar to the one you’re proposing at the weekend, and it was ace fun. Won’t be about on Thursday though.

Have fun in Hebden, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

It is grum. That tree not been shifted yet? Damn… been there a while. Theres a similar sized one down on a really fast trail at my end of the valley…

excitable1
    Free Member

Bit of hijack if you don’t mind….

Never been across to Hebden Bridge myself and Ed of Great Rock has intrigued me with his Alp training he does up there so….

Can someone please post a link or send me some GPS routes (between +40k (?)email in profile)

Thanks

Mugboo

Wish Thursday wasn’t my late night at work!

grum
    Free Member

It is grum. That tree not been shifted yet? Damn… been there a while. Theres a similar sized one down on a really fast trail at my end of the valley…

Cheers. Yeah still there on Sunday anyway.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

excitable1,
    I doubt you’ll get many offers of GPS tracks as all the good stuff is cheeky and invariably descends into a slagging match over what should and shouldn’t be published.
    Best way is to get someone to show you around IMHO. There’s no substitute for local knowledge.

Oh, and be aware that distance is no indication of severity around there. They measure routes around Hebden in “smiles”, not “miles”.
    We only managed 18 miles a couple of weeks ago, but that was about 6 hours riding and 1500m of climbing.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Would love to join you guys thursday night but I don’t think I’ll be away from work in time thurs to make it for 6pm (coming down from N Yorks)

I’ll be there friday though… Have fun

hora
    Free Member

Whats the weather like tomorrow? I can confirm that the trails there are very dry tonight and quick.

One thing I will say though Peckets changed? Its silted up and smoother.

dantsw13

Rain during the day, clearing through.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I can’t make it now guys.

Enjoy!

brant
    Free Member

Dry last night but didn’t get out of Ragley.

hora
    Free Member

Same with Blue pig- its smoothed over in parts (silt/earth compacted).

chr15
    Free Member

Arg, still sweating off a tediously low-level but persistent cold that I want rid of for the weekend otherwise was going to join you for this (assuming you’d have let me follow you around…)

Have fun though, doesn’t look to have been raining too heavily and the moors were riding lovely and fast on Tuesday.

dantsw13

Sitting at the Stubbing now, having a Pre feed, with the local hills scaring a southern Jessie like me!

Weather cleared through nicely, and looking good! Thinking my 456C would have been better for the climbs than my lump of Heckler!

dantsw13

Sitting at the Stubbing now, having a Pre feed, with the local hills scaring a southern Jessie like me!

Weather cleared through nicely, and looking good! Thinking my 456C would have been better for the climbs than my lump of Heckler!

mike399
    Free Member

On my way now… Look out for a idiot rolling down the hillside…

brant
    Free Member

What time’s kick off. I have a cold too, but was going to come out if I could get back. I’m on way back from Sheffield though.

dantsw13

Sorry Brant – it was 1800 left car park at 1805!! Great ride – Thanks muchly to Dale and Mike!! A proper Yorkshire Welcome!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘First time in Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.