first snowy commute of the winter

Home Forum Bike Forum first snowy commute of the winter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • first snowy commute of the winter
  • Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

There was an inch of fresh snow to ride on but the first 5km i got clobbered by hailstones the size of dobbers (you may need to be 1, old and 2, northern to understand the word). The next 5km was over the highest section of the commute and it was snowing horizontally. Couldnt see a smeggin thing. The next 5km was through a town and it was horrible, slushy and shitty with some moronic drivers to deal with. The last 5 km was through fresh snow on some country roads. Very happy i put my Ice Spikers tyres on yesterday and all in all an excellent commute. Bit nippy mind

fatboyjon

You mean some people down south didn’t grow up playing marbles? Oh the deprivation! And they think it’s grim up here.

ooOOoo
    ojom

I ran in along my usual bike route and variable would be the kindest way of describing it.

Snow tyres have gone daft this weekend

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

First slushy commute of the year for me, decidedly soggy after all the traffic had been through, waterproofs held up well though!

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

ps, I’m guessing by dobbers, you mean jorries? dobbers means something entirely different up here. i.e he’s a pure dobber so he is! 😀

mark85xc

Looked out of my window at 8:45 and saw the aforementioned “dobbers” (I’m northern, but probably not old enough to know). Happy that I’ve got the day off. Tomorrow’s commute could be interesting though!

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

nice new crisp layer of snow just landed, hope it soaked up the wetness!

lucien

Very, very glad I live darn in the sarf

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

the commute home was very unpleasant. More of all the horrible stuff and many psycho drivers. the hail has given my cheeks a nice healthy glow though

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘first snowy commute of the winter’ is closed to new replies.