Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First snow ride
  • themilo
    Free Member

Just never occurred to me before I saw some pics on here so thought I’d post up to say thanks! Bloomin great fun.

I started off trying to keep to the paths that had been trodden down a bit which was tricky and bumpy. It wasn’t until I’d wandered off line a few time that it registered that, downhill at least, the bike tracked beautifully over/through the powder. Sure, directional control was somewhat hit and miss and I did have a comedy over the bars moment when the the front end stopped dead in a particularly deep bit of the fluffy stuff.

I eventually managed to get fairly lost just following tracks around the mountain (Caerphilly btw) and sort of headed generally downward thinking I’d stumble across a road at some point and point it back upward to where I’d left the car. Came across some nice rolling fields and was having a blast until I saw a sign for “the next tee”. Oops, seems I’d accidentally wandered onto Caerphilly golf club 🙂

Eventually found my way back to the road but not before causing a few raised eyebrows as I rode past the clubhouse 🙂 Hopefully there are a couple of pics below – nothing outstanding….

DSCN1327

IMAG0246

Thanks for the inspiration!

binners

We were out last night and had an absolute scream. Superb fun riding on snow. And bizarrely the most techy downhill bit felt easier on snow, and more rideable than its been all year!

There were a few over the bars moments, one of them mine, but who cares when you’re landing in a snow drift 😀

Keva
    Free Member

45miles of snow riding clocked up this week, mixture of road and off road. Last Friday was the hard one in fresh virgin snow, a bit deeper than I thought it would be in places. Hard work and slow going in places, pushing up some of the steeper hills put my average down to just over 6mph 🙁 When it’s packed down it’s much more fun to ride on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Riding in the snow is Ace!!

Was out again last night and it was perfect..crispy, twinkly snow.. Loved it.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

it is ace …lovethe way the bike drifts until it you lose it completely and find yourself in a heap entangled in the bike!!

themilo
    Free Member

Ooh nice! Not sure I’m ready to make the leap to Snow riding in the dark though!

Forgot to mention the two blokes I saw at the Mountain cafe. One of them had shorts on! No tights, no thermal leggings, just shorts. Possibly the knee pads he had on gave some hitherto unimagined warmth but I was still impressed!

MadBillMcMad

indeed – we had a great ride over Marple to Hayfield on wednesday.

The hard packed bridleways were just as binners described –

almost

easier – most of the time until …..

motozulu
    Free Member

That may have been me 😀 it was my first time too – glad you enjoyed it!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannock-conditions-yesterday-snow-pics-content

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First snow ride’ is closed to new replies.