Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • first ride since boxing day!
  • white101

After breaking my ankle at the beginning of the year i finally got back on the bike tonight for a peddle. I did a whole 2.5miles (according to my newly aquired strava app)
    It felt great. A nice easy 15 minute spin after months of frustation . Shame I’ve missed so much good weather but it’s just good to be back in the saddle

Junkyard
    Free Member

welcome back the mountains have not gone away

ampthill

I wish you well with your recovery.

My ankle has seemed slow. I’ve had a couple of 3/4 mile rides since Easter. Yours is slower still but lets hope the next bit goes quicker

aa
    Free Member

it’s as frustrating as hell when you can’t ride.
    But, it makes you enjiy when you can ride so much more.
    Just think, you have enougn time to build up to a century before the years out!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@white101 welcome back, feels good doesn’t it. After injuring my knee in December I was back on the bike earlier this month, first two rides were 4 and 6k ! Upto 15 now and even with dry trails that’s taking 90 mins.

white101

Going to try and ride the same little route every day or as often as possible just to build up a bit of stamina and try to help rid myself of the excess weight that has appeared. I was a bit wobbly legged when i got back and the lungs were a bit on the wheezy side.
    Patience is required with ankles, and mine was running out but today was the start of something good

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘first ride since boxing day!’ is closed to new replies.