Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First Ride Review: Santa Cruz Chameleon C SE 29 Reserve
  • MrAgreeable

There can’t be many models of mountain bike out there which can claim to have the longevity of the Santa Cruz Chameleon. It’s been around since 1996, …

By mragreeable

Get the full story on our front page at:

First Ride Review: Santa Cruz Chameleon C SE 29 Reserve

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

fd3chris
    Free Member

And I’ve just bought the alloy one! Not fussed about weight as mine rides lovely and isn’t heavy. I’m glad to see the geo is the same more importantly. Now to see if my rear end cracks like so many others with the adjuster bolts. Lifetime warranty, thank god for that!

danp63

Yikes, £5.7K for a hard tail with performance series suspension and GX groupset!!! I’d go for the self build option.

uberpod
    Free Member

No mention of the actual weight?
    Given that it seems to be it’s main selling point, it’s an odd thing to miss out.

th15663
    Free Member

Over 5000 for a hardtail is too much. Especially for one with only a GX eagle. Give me at least an X01 eagle and a factory shock and I’ll think about it.

MrAgreeable

Uberpod, the quoted weight for the SE Reserve build that we tested is a whisker under 26lbs, but I’d imagine that anyone prepared to spend that much who was concerned about the weight would be able to shave a fair bit off that. Frame is about 1.8kg apparently.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

is that a manual attempt?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Lovely hope ‘indigo’ blue hubs spoilt with sram guides, get some tech3s on there ..
    My aluminium weighs around 27-28 lbs, I don’t see the point of going to carbon, I’d have preferred steel ;0)
    Agree with the ardent race great summer tyre, not for a Yorkshire winter though

MrAgreeable

howsyourdad1, I prefer the term “shamual”.

dbone95
    Free Member

I have an aluminum 2019 S+ with a 2019 DVO Sapphire 34 fork and it is the best bike I’ve ever owned….. the 2.8s in the loose over hard SoCal high desert that I call home are a game changer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First Ride Review: Santa Cruz Chameleon C SE 29 Reserve’ is closed to new replies.