Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First ride on newly serviced forks
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Should I take it easy for a few miles and let them settle as per new forks, or just ride as normal? (RS Coil Revelations back from TF this morning and on my bike quicker than a F1 pit change!)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Should I take it easy for a few miles and let them settle as per new forks

whoever suggested you should do THAT ??

J0N
    Free Member

FMI. What prompted the service? My bushings are needing done soon. Also I’ve wore though the stanchion coating, but still smooth and free as long as they have lots of oil.

Junkyard
    Free Member

took mine to Whinlatter
    What are you expecting to happen in the settling time exactly?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

What prompted the service? I’ve had them over a year. They were leaking oil. I needed a firmer spring.

I’m expecting them to settle a little, like they did when they were new. Seals have to settle in, oil has to get where it needs to be and the firmer spring (I imagine) will take a few miles to bed in too. Like new forks. (Or not as the case seems. SFB – don’t know where I read it tbh!)

J0N
    Free Member

forgot to answer you original question: I rode mine hard from new 8O.
    TF should have lubed the sponges beneath the wipers. and put sufficient oil in lowers. they would have cycled them a couple of time so oil should be where it needs to be. Maybe not do a huge drop straight off but I’d have thought they’d be good to go.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll handle my hardcore 10″ drops. *grin*

Right, off to ride then. Tatty-bra.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First ride on newly serviced forks’ is closed to new replies.