Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cycle World Arbroath & Singletrack bikes Bonnyrigg.. Thanks.. New Soul content.
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Evening all,

After a couple of months of picking and buying parts I got my Soul out for a blast at Glentress yesterday. I had a Soul previous but wanted to build a lighter version and get the tapered headtube.. Plus my brother took a shine to my other one and bought it with no hesitation when I mentioned I was thinking of selling it.

The new bike weighs in at just a shade over 24lbs which I am well happy with, I fitted an X Fusion Velvet 130mm travel fork with a tapered steerer and I have to say it is a cracking bit of kit.. Easily as good as forks twice the £305 I paid..IMO of course.

Forks was supplied by Singletrack bikes in Bonnyrigg and the service and knowledge from them was outstanding, ordered the fork on Wednesday and got it fitted yesterday even though Dave was meant to be off… He can is especially to do it.. Sorted me out with the correct brake mount and ran my rear gear cable aswell.. Saved me a lot of faffing around. I’d recommend them and the X Fusion fork highly. Fork is super plush, light and look great in white. Easily a match for the Rockshox I ran on my old bike.

Thanks to Chris and the guys at Cycle World in Arbroath aswell, sorted me out a cracking deal on the frame, wheels, headset and shifter, always has good deals and service from these guys aswell. I have purchased a good few bikes and specced a couple of builds with him and he always comes up trumps. Professionally put together by the mechanics and always willing to pander to my needs..

Anyway, I got the bike all set up and 2.5 miles in the seat clamp bolt that holds the saddle to the post gave way as I must have forgot to tighten it after adjusting the saddle.. So I had to just ride a blue and go home.. : (

5 miles is all I got.. New part ordered though and looking fwd to getting out again.

That is all, just wanted to big up the shops..

trail_rat
    Free Member
    1981miked
    Free Member

That’s the one mate… Sad times. Hope another bike shop goes in. Been a good bike shop as long as I can remember..

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

hi mike…no worries,glad you got the fork sorted..

thanks for the kind words..

dougieb
    Free Member

I bought my soul from Cycleworld and got a good deal and great service – would recommend

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve not visited the Arbroath shop but it was good to use Chris and Joe etc when they had the shop in Stoney… I hope the future works out for you guys whatever you decide to do… sad times.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Heres hoping cy honours your warrenty guys.

MrGrim

ABC now the only bike shop in the area or have a I missed a lot not being back very often?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nicholsons in dundee , bikeworx dundee , spokes dundee

There are some smaller shops in monifieth , forfar and brechin

ABC are the only ones left in arbroath though.

Historys just repeated its self , anyone remember revolution rod by chance ? He too was circling the drain and thought e solution was to open a second shop.

MrGrim

I remember when cycleworld sold cars. Think the guy still lives round the corner. Then sold the business.

I vaguely remember Revolution, Carnoustie? Sold loads of skate stuff at around the same time as Steve?

roverpig

The CycleWorld Arbroath web site still suggests they are trading

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thats the guy , opened a shop on arbroath road dundee as well

I wanted to order a kona mini mula from him and he fed me some bull about it taking a month for an order to come through from kona and that i should buy the nunu that was on display in too big a size.

Alarm bells.

He did do alot for the sport of downhilll in he area though prior to this with local grass roots dh racing at sidlaws and kinoull hill

Grant yvonne and ron were the golden era for cycleworld, i used to shop there back then ron was a top fella (RIP)taught me alot about spannering in return for me unpackaging the xmas bikes and would always cut me a deal on bits.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Strange banner though – this week only a massive 25% off everything in stock…… Good time to get your bike, fork,shock serviced.

Sounds like asset liquidation to me. Tread lightly. Very lightly

glupton1976
    Free Member

roverpig – dont believe everything you read on the web – because if you do, you’ll believe im the pope ” 🙂

Singletrack bikes in Bonnyrigg are a superb outfit to deal with though.

dab

@ trail rat – bike workx has been closed down for months now

It’s location & stock were pish , hence once the c2w scheme bubble burst
    It was only a matter of time

I believe John is working at a large bike chain that sells car accessories

From my pov your being a bit harsh on CF he’s done a lot to help
    Cycling at a local level and contributed quite a bit of £££

Perhaps the derny at Caird park would help jog your mind a bit since you’ve raced there a fair bit

As I said its not personal but give him a break

druidh
    Free Member

“This week” started on 2nd November – see the box at the foot of the page.

matther01
    Free Member

Mike – Any chance of any pics now you’ve got the fork?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I know about the derny and several other things he did for local cycling.

But whos £££ was it

Oh and hes due no breaks from me and we will leave it at that

I live in aberdeen so wasnt aware bikeworx had closed.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cycle World Arbroath & Singletrack bikes Bonnyrigg.. Thanks.. New Soul content.’ is closed to new replies.