• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nano.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • First ride on Charge Scoop
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Fantastic!

Been using sdg bel air`s for years but after returning to mtbing after a gap, the sdg caused discomfort.

Took a gamble on the Ti Scoop and it paid off.

Didn’t know it was there. Highly recommended 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Welcome back! Always been a big fan of Charge saddles 🙂

campkoala
    Free Member

That is indeed Fantastic news.
    I’m a gambling man too, so much so that I stopped buying any cycling magazine other than Singletrack a number of years ago as it seemed many of the others started to employ experienced riders who’ll actually use the equipment before reviewing and rating them in their magazines. I too would much rather go out and buy a product used once (or better still, just photographed in an office) and rated highly with no real explanation of why by someone who’s maybe just returned to riding or perhaps doesn’t really ride much at all.
    thanks for sharing, must get back to 888.com now

8)

matther01
    Free Member

Jury is still out on mine. Often heard the charge was good but the stitching ruined shorts so gave the scoop a whirl. Its used on the HT and although its not uncomfortable it is fairly hard

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Any more opinions on the scoop? Particularly from spoon users. I love the spoon, have one on both my bikes but one needs replacing.

bullroar
    Free Member

I have a green one coloured matched to the BFe.

Have had for about 6 weeks and ridden a good few hours on it several times. Best thing I can say about it is, I don’t notice it is there.

Kahurangi

I liked the Spoon shape but the stitching chafed on long rides so I’m very keen to hear how the Scoop is holding together.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have the scoop on my winter roadie and I am very impresses. Much comfort for long miles.

ahwiles
    Free Member

evillittlegoat – Member

Any more opinions on the scoop? Particularly from spoon users. I love the spoon, have one on both my bikes but one needs replacing.

(un)surprisingly, it’s very similar, perhaps a ‘bit’ comfier?

very nicely made.

i won’t get another spoon for other bikes, i WILL get another scoop.

nedrapier

Is it sticky? Or is it just as easy to shuffle about on as leather?

Ta

nano
    Free Member

I have been using a Scoop for a month or two now on my carbon road bike. I have a Knife on my winter hack and have used Spoons before that.

The Scoop is plenty comfortable for me (6’4 and 110 kilos) on a typical 30-50 mile ride. There’s more flex in the base than the Knife but that is something that was designed in by Charge (there’s a video on their site explaining this). The lack of stitching is a bonus compared to a Spoon as well. The rubber like seat cover sheds water quickly and seems to dry out just as fast. I don’t have trouble moving about on it, but it holds me in place well enough and I don’t tend to move my position that much anyway on the road (appreciate that may not be relevant off road).

I had tried the Selle Italia ID match to try and find a comfortable saddle for the road and am much happier with a Scoop at a third of the price of it’s Italian predecessor.

For shorter rides or crits I might choose the Knife for the extra stiffness but for 9 out of 10 rides the Scoop would win for the comfort factor.

ahwiles
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

Is it sticky? Or is it just as easy to shuffle about on as leather?

didn’t notice any difference…

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

All good so far on mine, 5 weeks in and very happy.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m considering one of these, to shave some weight and hopefully retain comfort

ahwiles
    Free Member

if it helps, a scoop saddle weighs 256g

jamiep
    Free Member

anyone know how wide the Scoop is relative to the Spoon?

I really like the Spoon but it is too wide for the road bike for some reason, although perfect on the MTBs

cx_monkey

I never got on that well with the Spoon – found it a little wide at the back, and a touch too short. Scoop fits me really nicely, and is nice and supportive – but I’m not light at a shade under 100kg – so I guess it could be on the hard side for much lighter riders? Running the first one on a CX bike and it’s holding up nicely to repeated remounts, and cover seems durable despite having had wet sand ground into it for a few hours – and no, it’s not sticky. Liked it so got another for a different bike. Really rate it – but saddles are very subjective things I guess!

nano
    Free Member

Width wise about the same as a spoon.. Knife is a little narrower..

No problems on a road bike for me

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘First ride on Charge Scoop’ is closed to new replies.