Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • First proper full-fat fatbike ride of the winter – yee, and indeed, ha!
  • big_scot_nanny

Finally been proper mingin here, lots a rain, wind, so the trails have turned very muddy, with lots of fallen logs/branches.

Took off the 29+ and put the full-fat wheels (Bud/Lou, tubeless, on 100mm clown shoes) back on the ice cream truck.

Early local ride this morning, filthy conditions, but what an absolutely monster truck of fun that was. Utterly unstoppable, for sure not exactly fast, but I felt like a trials god, could pedal over anything, ripping and jumping off stuff on the downs… great fun!

I’m sure I post the same thing every year, but had to share again. What a hoot! Can’t wait for big ride on Sunday, might even clean, oil and fettle in preparation.

Happy days!

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve been out on mine most weekends recently. While it wouldn’t have been impossible to ride some of those on semi-fat or even standard MTB wheels it was certainly much easier on the fat bike not sinking in to things. Helps on cheeky stuff as well as people just gawp at the tyres rather than moaning about you being there!

NormalMan

If I hadn’t been trying out a few new bits and bobs on my Karate Monkey 29er this week then I woukd have been out on the Pugs pretty much all December.

I ‘may’ know exactly what you mean about fat bike tyres diffusing situations too 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    roverpig

I switched to the rigid fatbike a few weeks ago after a summer on my full-suss (FlareMax), mainly because it’s just so much easier to maintain. Initially (after a summer hooning around on the Cotic) I was frustrated by the drag and the bumpy ride and wasn’t really looking forward to months on the fat tyres. But the more the trails have deteriorated the more I seem to enjoy it and Wednesday’s night ride felt like a real turning point. The first ride where I was actually glad I’d taken the fatbike rather than the Cotic. With a 4.8″ Bud on the front there isn’t much that will upset it. I do tend to keep the Jumbo Jim on the back though (rather than going full-Lou) for a bit less drag and some more slidey-fun.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Just had my first real fun ride – yesterdays was

in Fernie (yippee)
    in the dark (more fun)
    on snow (double yippee)
    in the rain (boooo)

Todays was without the rain bit and on some great singletrack too.

Got 40 more sessions to go… bring it on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First proper full-fat fatbike ride of the winter – yee, and indeed, ha!’ is closed to new replies.