Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • First night ride (tandem content)
  • Bunnyhop

On the tandem!
    So my monkey noises on the back must have woken many of the local children last night.
    What an adventure though. It was wet under wheel for the first half of the ride and determination made us go back to the start of one rocky climb to make sure we cleaned it 2nd time around.
    The heavy rain came half way through which made descending interesting, just riding through gushing streams mostly.
    Lastly captains light failed on the last climb, so we relied on his helmet torch and luck.
    Got home very damp after much screaming and giggling from me.
    Looking forward to the next one now.

Clover

We did one of those. Once. I think whiskey for the stoker should be mandatory. 😀

Bunnyhop

Ha ha Clover. Maybe we’ll never do one again!
    Hot chocolate for me as I don’t drink.
    See you in November.

Clover

Hmmm, no whiskey?!!

A blindfold then? Stoker vision seems to work on the ‘less is more’ principle… we can test it next month 😀

Bunnyhop

We went out today in the Peaks and had a blast. Although I did have a couple of ‘sit down’ moments when nbt just couldn’t hold me up on the tandem when trying to ride up something steep that had zero grip.

Blindfold sounds like a good idea, however will it stop me from getting white knuckles from clinging onto the handlebar grips too tightly?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First night ride (tandem content)’ is closed to new replies.