First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?

Home Forum Bike Forum First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?
  • Premier Icon composite
    Subscriber

On the 30th December we did our last ride of 2012. During the ride I had a small low speed off and hit my side/back on a tree. I was a bit winded but after 5mins composing myself I felt fine and finished the ride. Over the next couple of days I had some pain that felt like a mild bruise but nothing serious. In fact it felt loads better the next day and I thought I had got lucky.

The morning of the 2nd Jan I rolled over in bed and heard a crack. I then had the most excruciating pain and was struggling to breath. Went to A&E and it turns out I have a broken rib. Man the pain is quite considerable. I have 2 kinds of prescription painkillers which are dreamy to say the least and have been helping.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

still in plaster from week before christmas.

cfinnimore

I thoroughly outdid myself this year,

Was home at Fort Bill on the 1st, did a couple runs of the World Champs XC.

Turns out, I cant do the “air to berm” thing.

Oops. Still pickin gravel out.

andrewni

I feel your pain, broke a few ribs at the start of last year. This was bad enough but worse was to come, after a few weeks healing I was driving round a roundabout and out of nowhere got the same crack/pain/panic combo you describe. It’s definitely much worse breaking ribs without the adrenaline of a crash to take the edge off.

Premier Icon bedmaker
    Subscriber

I did the splits falling on sheet ice a couple of days ago. This would be fine if I was a gymnast – I’m not.

andrewh

Just back on the bike after fractured kneecap in Dec (ice-skating, not biking)
    Recent knee problems:
    Both kneecaps twisted (genetic issue with a fancy name)
    Torn tendon, right
    Fractured kneecap, left
    Infected wound, right
    Fractured kneecap, right (current)
    Many cuts and brusies, including one impaling.

I need some new knees.

boxbuster

Hit a tree at about 06:30 new years day descending the woods that leads back to my house and pulled something in my back, I’ve been lying flat for most of this year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?’ is closed to new replies.