Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?
  • composite
    Free Member

On the 30th December we did our last ride of 2012. During the ride I had a small low speed off and hit my side/back on a tree. I was a bit winded but after 5mins composing myself I felt fine and finished the ride. Over the next couple of days I had some pain that felt like a mild bruise but nothing serious. In fact it felt loads better the next day and I thought I had got lucky.

The morning of the 2nd Jan I rolled over in bed and heard a crack. I then had the most excruciating pain and was struggling to breath. Went to A&E and it turns out I have a broken rib. Man the pain is quite considerable. I have 2 kinds of prescription painkillers which are dreamy to say the least and have been helping.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

still in plaster from week before christmas.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I thoroughly outdid myself this year,

Was home at Fort Bill on the 1st, did a couple runs of the World Champs XC.

Turns out, I cant do the “air to berm” thing.

Oops. Still pickin gravel out.

andrewni
    Free Member

I feel your pain, broke a few ribs at the start of last year. This was bad enough but worse was to come, after a few weeks healing I was driving round a roundabout and out of nowhere got the same crack/pain/panic combo you describe. It’s definitely much worse breaking ribs without the adrenaline of a crash to take the edge off.

bedmaker

I did the splits falling on sheet ice a couple of days ago. This would be fine if I was a gymnast – I’m not.

andrewh
    Free Member

Just back on the bike after fractured kneecap in Dec (ice-skating, not biking)
    Recent knee problems:
    Both kneecaps twisted (genetic issue with a fancy name)
    Torn tendon, right
    Fractured kneecap, left
    Infected wound, right
    Fractured kneecap, right (current)
    Many cuts and brusies, including one impaling.

I need some new knees.

boxbuster
    Free Member

Hit a tree at about 06:30 new years day descending the woods that leads back to my house and pulled something in my back, I’ve been lying flat for most of this year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First injury of 2013. Any one else done themselves over already this year?’ is closed to new replies.