Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • First Hoverboard prosecution UK
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

First Hoverboard prosecution UK

A man accused of riding a hoverboard into a shop before stealing a crate of Lucozade may make history when he faces prosecution for allegedly using the gadget on a pavement.

So is this becuase he used the board whilst stealing or becuase he was on the pavement riding it?

I can’t see the offence of riding hoverboards on the pavemnet catching on with the police.

Northwind

Nobody breaks the law of gravity on my watch!

scaredypants

easy defence – needed liquid to pour onto it as the battery was about to explode

(I know, lithium, water, …)

matt_outandabout

The prophecy is coming true. Lucozade and hover board..

aracer
    Free Member
    drlex
    Free Member

The Met tweeted recently about their illegality on pavements & roads and the CPS have issued guidelines, so I’d expect some prosecutions to be made.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The police want to get out and prosecute the guys from Airwheel that are always out filming themselves and putting it on social media, if they really want to make a point.

Start at the top…

mrsfry
    Free Member

But these are just token efforts by the police. One day a year is picked to do a crackdown and the rest of the time, it gets ignored.

See enough cops cycling on the pavement in Brum as it is.

v8ninety

So the bloke STEALS a fair few quids worth of merchandise from ashop, and the police are prosecuting him for riding on the pavement??? Am I missing something?

Edit; also being charged with theft. ignore me, as you were…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why are we calling these wheeled vehicles “hoverboards”?

It “hovers” in exactly the same way as a frickkin micro-scooter does, and is precisely as cool.

footflaps

This is a very confusing area, e.g. in Cambridge, about 1/3 of pavements are cycle paths but on the other 2/3rds it’s an offence and signage is pretty minimal, so it’s very hard to know what is allowed and what’s not….

D0NK

Why are we calling these wheeled vehicles “hoverboards”?

agreed, how about ****pads instead?

(intentionally vague, insert profanity of your choice)

oldnpastit

Cambridgeshire police defended their actions though, saying that local communities had requested the crackdown, because they were angry that cyclists dodged traffic lights by cycling on the pavement.

A spokesman told Cambridge News: “We want cyclists to stop using the pavement as they pose a danger to pedestrians.

So are they arresting cyclists because they’re a danger to pedestrians, or because they are getting past the lights sooner than the people in cars?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Amazon Tightens Rules On Hoverboards Because Of Those Pesky Fires

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amazon-hoverboard-fires_566f43ade4b0fccee16f9006

wordnumb
    Free Member

I can’t see the offence of riding hoverboards on the pavemnet catching on with the police.

Depends whether or not the evidence store has a flat floor.

kimbers

Yeah used to regularly see 2 police cycling along the path on acton green in Chiswick, even tho there’s a no cycling sign at the entrance to the park

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘First Hoverboard prosecution UK’ is closed to new replies.