First "Grown Up" bike for my son

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted First "Grown Up" bike for my son

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • First "Grown Up" bike for my son
  • gordon

I’m looking to get a 26″ wheeled mountain bike for my son. I’m either after a 14″ frame that I can build up or a bike that’s ready to go. I stay near Edinburgh and will travel nearby to collect or can pay for a courier if it’s worth it.
    Cheers

snakebite

what is your budget?

gordon

Snakebite, about £150, maybe stretch a bit more if it’s a nice bike. Cheers.

sputnik

I have a small Giant XTC for £350 plus postage.
    It is light and tricked out! Will give proper spec list if you are interested.
    To give you an idea…
    Fox forks
    Middleburn cranks
    XT rear derailleur
    XTR cassette
    Mavic Crossmax UST wheels
    Thompson stem
    Race Face carbon bars
    Frame has carbon chain and seat stays
    Fizik Gobi with titanium rails

gordon

Sputnik, what a bike, too much for me i’m afraid. Thanks.

neilpass

We’ve got a Trek 4500 in the garage, probably about 7 years old but in A1 condition as neither of my sons used it much and the youngest has outgrown it now. 27 Speed mainly Deore (apart from chainset)standard spec, it’s actually a WSD model but was a perfct fit for my 12-13 year old son when he had it, the colour is mettalic White/Blue with White Rock Shox Judy forks. Looking for £120 but we’re in Leicester. It just needs the brakes/gears setting up which I’ll do if you are interested.

gordon

Neilpass – Im interested, could you send me a couple of pics if possible. What size is the frame as my son is a tall 9 year old but if it fitted your 12-13 year old, it may be on the large size. Would you post it?

Speshpaul – Also interested, i’ll have a look at the Trak and make a decision.

Thanks for your replies.

gordon dot couper at yahoo co uk

neilpass

I’ll get some pics to you later, yes I could post at cost

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘First "Grown Up" bike for my son’ is closed to new replies.