Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • First grass* cut of the year
  • Houns

*Well, mostly moss. Could’ve done it earlier this week. Can we please have some proper Winter

martinhutch

Picture appears to be missing a new bike.

Houns

Sorry, new-ish lawnmower though

cheers_drive

I wish we had something to cut. After having some trees cut down last month our lawn is now mostly mud.

matt_outandabout

I had frost this week still…

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s not 3ft tall yet so it can wait

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

That garden is far too tidy/nice/looked after to belong to a mtber. I say pfffttt and it’s a neighbours garden 😁

seosamh77
    Free Member

you no be better aff turning that into something useful, like a wee pump track or something?

senorj

Yep ,garden is begging for a pump track and a love swing perhaps?
    I seeded and dressed mine this week.

Houns

It’s my Nans garden but I take care of it. I am hoping to get a swing on that Apple tree once the branch that’s suitable is strong enough. Pump track is a good idea, I’ll run it past her

singlespeedstu

Can I drop round your nan’s to take pictures every time a get a new bike please?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, mostly moss. Could’ve done it earlier this week. Can we please have some proper Summer

FIFM

bearnecessities

Pictures of Nan please.

Ambrose

Here in not so sunny Carmarthenshire, in my north facing, waterlogged, acid clay garden the daffs are just blooming, the crocuses are in swing and a few primroses are starting to strut their stuff. The dwarf narcissi are very much in the green too. Some other bulbs are poking through, possibly (hopefully) the fritilarias and the bluebells.

I paid £240:00 for the removal of a 30′ leylandiai a couple of weekends ago, it was starting to swamp a lovely oak so it had to go. There are now twigs all over the lawn I reseeded last year that need to be raked out soon, certainly before the grass starts to grow.

Spring is surely here?

Bunnyhop

Yes today was the first time I’ve ever had to mow the lawn so early. The snowdrops are out and I missed the last cut of last year, so it took ages.

Spring is very early this year.

sr0093193
    Free Member

You missed a bit on the right.

matt_outandabout

Spring is surely here?

Ah hahahaha (etc)

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Slacker. My Mrs did ours on 3rd January!

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Cut mine today, was very satisfying and weird to smell the fresh cut grass so early in the year.
    I hate how scruffy gardens can look in the winter so was glad to be able to make it look a little tidier so early.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes I did mine despite the busted collar bone. I cut it thick so was able to count the wheel marks and see that I walked back and forth 30 times. Fantasy house in Scotland is going to have no lawn, no hedges and nothing that requires more than occasional maintenance.

Wheyayeman
    Free Member

Thought about cutting ours yesterday for a nano second but then rode my bike for two hours instead

somouk
    Free Member

Thought about cutting ours yesterday for a nano second but then rode my bike for two hours instead

Ditto, ours is starting to look messy but opted to get out riding in the nice weather!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘First grass* cut of the year’ is closed to new replies.