Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • First go at WordPress and I’m stuck
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

I’m looking at some pages someone else has done. Many of the pages have words and some other stuff like embedded videos or WooCommerce products. When I click on ‘edit page’ I can only see the words, the other things are not there. I can’t find reference to them in the ‘customise’ bit where you change the theme attributes.

And why is the WP official documentation so bad?

Premier Icon mrsheen
    Free Member

It’s been years since I’ve used it but the hidden features might be a premium feature. Wild speculation though. I’m assuming you’ve checked all other menu options so thought it might be the difference between paid and free features.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

Have you looked at the PHP templates?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a managed service option from a hosting provider, I dunno what’s free and what’s not. But the content is the site’s own content, and it’s there on the page but not when I click through to edit it.

I haven’t looked at the PHP templates no, I couldn’t find any reference to them in the UI.

Premier Icon mrsheen
    Free Member

Might be previously paid for features which no longer accessible if any kind of subscription expired?

Could be an old version and WordPress updated. Unlikely though. Or maybe they disabled features.

Maybe try it in Google Chrome?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

One of the pages has youtube links on it, that I cannot see where they come from. The other has a list of products (using WooCommerce), so I would expect some kind of block that is a product list but I cannot see it.

Premier Icon AlexSimon

Two possibilities I can think of

They can be in sections under the main text editor.
    Sometimes you have to turn them on or off to see them (Screen Options).

Or they can be global settings under the plugin’s own admin section in the main left-hand menu.

Premier Icon mrsheen
    Free Member

I think AlexSimon might be on right track if it’s anything like Sharepoint pages. Loads of edit options tucked away all over the place – often not logically named.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks AS I will take a look later.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.