• This topic has 43 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by timc.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • First full-sus for years and years, orange 5?…
  • chestrockwell

Had a 2006 5 from new and replaced it with my current 2009. Use it for everything and never have a problem. I have other bikes but usually reach for the 5. Also never had any part of the frame (pivot, bearings etc) fail.

scoobmw
    Free Member

Can it be used really for ddays in the mountains – absolutely. Have spent quite a few days on random trails in Scottish mountains and it’s been when it’s shone the most. Whether Torridon, Gorms, Tour de Ben Nevis. It doesn’t matter. These are the days when I realise how good the bike is.
    Looks – dunno, but then I never did looks in cars either 🙂

fullysussed
    Free Member

I replaced a Yeti ASR with a 5 and was very pleased; just more fun IMO. Not as light though if you want it for racing on light-moderate terrain.

I also replaced a mount vision with one.
    Then I bought another one.

My three fives are built up so differently they’re entirely different beasts and you’d never know they’re the same frame. Personally I like the feel of the five’s single pivot with a fox coil shock over any bike in it’s class, although I do ride VPP geometry occasionally for variety.
    That girder-like back end just makes it so laterally stiff, it’s beautiful on the corners.

Regardless of my other bikes, I usually ride a Five or a Patriot.

Just my personal opinion of course.

PS theyre also dead easy to service (i.e. never) and last for aeons.

timc
    Free Member

Trekster – Member
    My current choice from a large crop of good bikes would be the Transition Bandit. Still to have a ride on one

🙄 🙄

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘First full-sus for years and years, orange 5?…’ is closed to new replies.