• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • canyon nerve xc 6.0 buying advice
  • spawnofyorkshire

hi folks,

I’m going to pull the trigger and buy my first full sus bike and first bike over £1k. My budget is limited to around £1.1k so i’m looking for the best value i can without going second hand

I’m really thinking hard about the canyon nerve xc 6.0 but with the direct sales model i can’t try it out first.
    Canyon Nerve XC 6.0

Does anyone have this bike and how do you find it?

thanks

spudly1979
    Free Member

Hi Spawn, I have the am 6.0, Which I believe is similar but bigger travel. I really like the bike, quality parts and the frame is actuality pretty good.

But, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Germany is a bloody long way ifyou have an issue (I’ve had 2 now in first 10 months) and frankly canyon UK are a waste of space.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I have an xc 6.0 since Christmas. I like it a lot. Only thing I didnt like were the brakes so I swapped SLX ones from another bike.

Some comments and views here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/canyon-nerve-xc-whats-the-catch

bigjim

My GF has a nerve xc 8 and it is a good piece of kit, had to send the forks off for repair under warranty straight out the box but was relatively painless once I’d made a video of the problem. One of the shifter springs is dodgy too but not worth the hassle of warrantying at the moment. Certainly incredible value for money.

alanf
    Free Member

I have no personal experience of Canyon bikes but I was out over Cut Gate on Saturday and saw a Canyon which had snapped a drop out rather than the mech hanger and spoke to someone else who had seen someone on another Canyon with a broken frame.

Might be freak occurrences, but worth considering with the remote selling model

teadrinker
    Free Member

I always thought Canyon would be a good deal and they are but I’ve read too many problems with them so I’d stay getting something in the UK. With your budget you should be able to find a 2011 bike in the sale at decent price. Pauls Cycles have been fine for me in the past, not sure on your sizing but they have a couple of Giants in at a fairly good price

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p3493

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p3504

spawnofyorkshire

thanks for the info folks. I think i might be moving towards the giant trance, it’s a bike i’ve ridden a few times and it looks like i could get a good deal for one

i think tonight will be spent researching deals!

LMT
    Free Member

Been looking at the canyon for my other half, female specific bikes are expensive, but when you look at the canyon, £1400 ish for a full xt spec full sus with fox shocks, seems bargain of the year!

Will be ordering one as soon as i get my pay cheque this month.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘canyon nerve xc 6.0 buying advice’ is closed to new replies.