Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • First daft question. Rims!
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I cant make up my mind if this would look stupid or not so I’ve come to the pool of collective wisdom for advice.

I have buggered my rear wheel and need to replace the rim Im going to try to build it myself. The existing rim is black as you can see as are all other bolt on metal bits. Now I fancy a white rim a Syncros DS28 but I am unsure if it would look really daft. Now these also come in black so I can just get one in black if its going to look daft.

I will initially just swap the rear wheel then when the front goes swap that too so the will match eventually. Any pics of bikes where the only white thing is the rims would be appreciated. I have thought about sticking a white spoon and white grips on to match. Here is mine almost how it looks now.

tails
    Free Member

if you go look on pink bike there is a big photo gallery sure you could find something similar there. Personally I think it would look fine, why not slap some paint on the old rim just to see.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Paint isnt too bad an idea. I could pick up one of those tester things they have in homebase next time Im near one.

Cant be doing with trawling through pinkbike tho.

firestarter
    Free Member

white wheels rock 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Now that does look nice.

I know mine will look a bit daft until I kill the front 5.1 but I think I can cope with that. Gives me an excuse to ride harder.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers fella, best you get the front one busted too then lol

tops5
    Free Member

Just bought some white DS 28’s for my ‘spot will post a pic when they’re built up next week.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

firestarter – why is your GD on the wrong way round? the mechanism is in direct shit line

firestarter
    Free Member

Rr they are designed to be run either way and to the rear suits my cable run better.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Right Im going to do it not build it myself tho I dont have enough time.

I_Ache
    Free Member

tops 5 Just wondering if the DS28’s have presta or scradler[sic] valve drilling?

Oggles
    Free Member

Quick transplant:

I think it looks OK with the colour of the bike, but would be tempted to swap the saddle and grips myself.

bomberman
    Free Member

white grips have a habit of getting dirty quite quickly. white saddle would look cool… perhaps white bars – spank do some nice ones

I_Ache
    Free Member

Fantastic Oggles that does look great I have decided to get them both changed at the same time too.

My Bel Air is very creaky ATM wd40 before every ride but I like the feel of it. Might look for a white one or just get a spoon.

firestarter
    Free Member

hey youve nicked my rims lol white arione is very comfy but my white grips are filthy 😉

tops5
    Free Member

I_ache – schrader drilling – waiting for delivery of some white Azonic strip bars too, quite cheap at £24.00 ish

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks all. Just ordered two DS28 rims and a Charge Spoon as its a god excuse to replace my 4yo BelAir.

Tyredocter
    Free Member

Try Halo rims at billys.co.uk Shcwalbe do knobbly coloured tyres with white in them or even whitewall tyres from ridelow.co.uk Nothing wrong with white and is now very fashinable to have the ice look or white look as long as you do not get to the point of being girly white as in a all white bike

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘First daft question. Rims!’ is closed to new replies.