• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • First crash of the Alps trip
  • Tracey

For once it wasn’t me but as a mum I wished it was

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ouch! All ok ?

maxtorque

You’ve really got to watch out for those deceptively flat, straight and level trails in the Alps!

😉

granny_ring

Ouch, hope she’s ok! Was it a jump hard to tell?

Tracey

Bit bruised but got back up and rode for the rest of the day. Front wheel went in all the dust on the Pila to Aosta run, trying to keep up with her sister. It was a lot steeper than pic looks.

mrhoppy

maxtorque

You’ve really got to watch out for those deceptively flat, straight and level trails in the Alps!

Says the voice of experience. 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

On the brightside, she got a cool gif out of it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

You dont end up yards in front of the bike when you fall off going slowly on the flat…trust me I should know!

johni
    Free Member

The curse of dappled sunshine….. I know it well!

Poopscoop

Glad she is ok!

Enjoy the rest of the trip and stay safe out there!

makkag
    Free Member

That runs mental when super dry and dusty , cant judge the terrain as its so variable .dust bowl and hardpack. had a few offs last year and definitely steeper than it looks in places !

Healing vibes to the daughter

patriotpro
    Free Member

First lesson to be had from that is to get the seat out of the way.

onehundredthidiot

Ooft, aye drop that saddle.

padkinson
    Free Member

Oof. It’s not a proper trip (or ride) without a crash though. Hope no damage done though.

For light comic relief, at the end of the video below you can watch me crash like a complete idiot the alps a week ago, and get momentarily pinned down by my bike.

https://youtu.be/CPmTtebp89E

stevemtb
    Free Member

Front wheel went in all the dust on the Pila to Aosta run

Ah that brings back memories, following someone down there struggling to keep up most of the day I was suddenly catching him like he was standing still, yeah he’d braked for a corner I hadn’t seen through his dust! Slid a good 20 yards down the trail after the front wheel washed out, creating a massive dust cloud and jumped straight up bricking it that the next rider would be riding into the cloud and me blind.

The dust made it the softest fall of the holiday, loved that place. Not much of it could be described as flat! Hope it’s the same experience as me with no more than a bit of dust rash.

On the steep rock climb that you hit fast and blind one of the guys grabbed his brakes at the bottom and stalled out half way up, didn’t see how he managed to bail out without hurting himself but heard the reaction from the point where he started to run out of speed, to the falling scream then the laughter (thankfully) as he landed it in one piece 🙂

Tracey

Seat post was slammed all the way in and down. She caught the lever with her knee as she was flying past it.

onehundredthidiot

Ouch that’ll sting a bit. For comic effect one of our guys managed to ride into three trees one on each of the first three days of our trip come to think on it he hit a tree first day in Spain too.

Wookster

Oh nasty one, one min your riding next sliding!! Glad she’s ok!

Thinks back to the days for crashing and not being crippled the next day….ah the joy of youth! 😂

DezB
    Free Member

Thinks back to the days for crashing and not being crippled the next day….ah the joy of youth!

Oh yes this. That crash at my age and the holiday is ruined! Keep goin TraceyJr. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘First crash of the Alps trip’ is closed to new replies.