Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • First Christmas Ad: Seen 07/10/21 (and other festivities)
  • abingham

It’s the time of year I get unashamedly excited for, and seeing the first ads come on the TV is like the green light to start prepping the festivities.

Anyone else seen festivities creeping in anywhere?

N.B. this is NOT the thread for “it’s far too early”, or, “I don’t put my tree up until the 24th and take it down again on Boxing Day”, etc!

Superficial
    Free Member

I had a packet of mince pies the other week. Lovely.

robbo1234biking

My wife has been watching xmas films on Hallmark or some other rubbish channel since July! 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Mid September, technically still ‘summer’, and Wyevale Garden Centre not too far from me was a Christmas wonderland. I almost burned the place to the ground. My local garden centre as also now a festive extravaganza.

Drac

There’s been one running since the beginning of September for one of those buy tatt websites.

binners

Like most graphic designers, by mid-October I’m heartily sick of Christmas as it’s all I’ve been working on for the last 6 weeks

I’ve had two more Christmas-themed briefs arrive this morning

Bah humbug

abingham

What’s in this year then @Binners?! It is classy purple and gold, the good ol’ red and green, or maybe achingly fashionable cold blue and ice white?

northernmatt

Sainsbury’s had mince pies in on 30th August. So far I’ve managed to resist but I can’t hold out much longer.

binners

What’s in this year then @Binners?! It is classy purple and gold, the good ol’ red and green, or maybe achingly fashionable cold blue and ice white

@abingham
    It’s very much black and gold, high contrast and sparkly this year. Not so obviously Christmassy which is actually a nice change. It could be far, far worse

bearnecessities

Walked past The Range in Birstall retail park on Wednesday night (classy walk) and they were blasting out Mariah’s “all I want for Christmas” from the outdoor speakers.

It was surreal.

johnners
    Free Member

N.B. this is NOT the thread for “it’s far too early”

Sorry OP but you’ve no say whatsoever in what direction a thread takes! Saw my first tv Christmas ad of the year during GBBO on Tuesday. Some tat site like Very or similar.

Way too early.

abingham

black and gold high contrast and sparkly this year.

Ooh, very suave. Saves having to have those awful design feedback sessions where a customer says “we like it but it’s just not quite the right green, can we try some other options”.

Our local Tesco’s ‘Seasonal’ aisle started to get festive a few weeks back. My wife bought back mince pies and a selection on mini yule logs last week! Haven’t dared go in the garden centres yet for fear of peaking too soon!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m going to stick my neck out here…

After decades of it “coming earlier every year”, aka you can pretty much set your clock that the first sniffs of it arriving the day after the kids go back to school… It’s been the quietest I’ve known it.

My delicate sensibilities haven’t been upset by anyone blubbing about “a hundred sleeps till Christmas” and here we are, coming up on mid-Oct and this might be the first mention of it.

The kids are far more interest in Halloween this year.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Aldi had Christmas puddings and mince pies in store on 2nd October.

abingham

I see no reason why they should ever be off the shelves. I defy anyone to name a mealtime situation not improved by a Mince Pie.

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve had two more Christmas-themed briefs arrive this morning

No pictures required…

reluctantjumper

The Holland House Hotel on Newport Road in Cardiff used to put it’s 2 storey window ad for Christmas parties up in April every year, don’t think they have for the last 2 years though. First sight of decorations though was back in early September in Poundland.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘First Christmas Ad: Seen 07/10/21 (and other festivities)’ is closed to new replies.