Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • First and last rides of the year
  • gordimhor

OK filthy weather, family, and work permitting my last ride of this year is likely to be a 20 mile road loop around loch leven tomorrow. My first ride of this year was a slightly hungover couple of loops around Inchree forest on a glorious cold and sunny day.I only came home that day when it got too dark to carry on any longer

Gary_M
    Free Member

First ride of the year was a road ride on new years day, last ride of the year will be a 40 mile round trip commute.

rOcKeTdOg

New years eve/day riding as the clocks struck 12 is the only way to go, remember champagne & fireworks though

gordimhor

champagne & fireworks 🙂

Is that your riding style Rocketdog , mine is more steak pie and trifle

joat

First was Sherwood Pines, last will hopefully be Marin, Penmachno, Coed y Brenin or Degla, fallen trees and Expresspocalypse permitting.

mcnultycop

First was Lee in grim conditions, last was a local hour on the road bike this morning in grim conditions.

Bregante

Not sure what my first was this year but the lastof the year will be a 7 mile ride through the shittiest areas of Salford on New Years Eve. First ride of next year will be the same route in reverse at 7 a.m the next day 😕

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

First ride of the year was a road ride on the CX bike around Ayrshire on New Year’s Day. Last ride of the year? Who knows. Hopefully I’ll have another 4 or 5 rides yet before the bells toll.

mrhoppy

First ride was a pootle round Llandegla on New Year’s Day with a bunch of friends, last one was a day at BPW although if the weather isn’t too filthy there still might be a ride round Llangollen just before new year.

colournoise

Last couple of years last and first rides have been similar. Gentle local pootles round the Green Wheel trails, one on the 31st and another on the 1st.

amodicumofgnar

Done the least mountain biking for about 20years. First was Forest of Ard planning the SMBO event there. Last, probably, Whinlatter.

Haze

Starting and ending in a local road loop, but in much better shape!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Following knee injury first ride if the year was 5k local singletrack from front door in June. Last ride was probably 20k of Surrey Hills favourites a week ago, other recent attempts washed out and with 60 knot gusts tonight I think riding is done for 2013

tomaso
    Free Member

Last ride Saturday from Staveley to Longsledale Garburn etc weather permitting and finish at the Hawkshead brewery for an orgy of ale and Cumbrian tapas! Let the train take the strain!

First ride of the year on 1st Jan night ride Jenkins Crag with a standard post ride amount of beer and salty snacks.

ton

1st was a new years lunch time ride to the pub with the good lady, as will 2014’s 1st will be.
    last will probably be a new years eve café ride with the good lady.
    all is good then…. 8)

Spud

First was a short MTB ride with my lad, last will likely be the commute to the office.

thefaller
    Free Member

First was Ringwood forest which ended at a&e for stitches on new years day and last will be Swinley forest.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

First – if memory serves – was a quick blast round my local woodland/towpath route on my new single speed. I’d not long come back to riding after 3 months off with a broken collarbone.

I hope I’ve not yet had my last ride, but it’ll either be a road ride with the local club this Friday, or a Saturday morning pootle on the mountain bike with Christmas cake and hip flask. Hopefully.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘First and last rides of the year’ is closed to new replies.