Firework Month has Started FFS

Home Forum Chat Forum Firework Month has Started FFS

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Firework Month has Started FFS
  • FuzzyWuzzy

I must admit we had a combined Halloween/fireworks night on the 25th – mostly as the extended family were together (half-term etc.) and wouldn’t be on the 31st/5th.

The fireworks only lasted about 5 minutes and it was early evening so hopefully not too disruptive to the neighbours. One thing that did surprise me was the loudness of the Aldi Power Finale rockets, they’re about 10x louder than they need to be for a home firework…

mt

sounds great jimjam, have you thought of telling those budding pyrotechnicians that they are scumbags? it could help.

Standard fireworks in Huddersfield are selling direct at the moment, there’s a special offer in a new product. Bin bangers, they are meant to blow the bloody doors off 🙂

Cletus

More people are injured by toilet brushes.

Lol – please tell me that you can back this up with statistics!

jimjam

mt – Member

sounds great jimjam, have you thought of telling those budding pyrotechnicians that they are scumbags? it could help.

I prefer not getting stabbed as it happens.

bikebouy

We have similar problems like most on here. Usually the chaos starts around now and runs until early December when the monies run out.
    Only a few seem to take part, these folks tend to have little regard for anyone else’s privacy/space or show any form of consideration to wildlife. But then you kinda expect that from certain parts of our society.

Thing that I really dislike, it’s not the bangs or whooshes or flashes.. Nope, it’s the carcass’s and used fireworks littering the place. Oh, and clearly being let off in suburban areas means lots of part burned out fireworks land on cars/property and cause damage.

The day I fully support the selling of fireworks to the General Pubic is the day that the General Public setting these things off goes around and tidies the mess up afterwards.

Totally in favour of events that are organised and managed by sensible General Public though.

Premier Icon pictonroad
    Subscriber

Love Lewes. Used to go every year, been through the police lock down years and the free for all years, waiting for the nippers to get old enough to take them.

In Liverpool we had a proper full on rocket through the letterbox into a front room full of semi comatose students, cor, that was some visual feast as it went off around the room. 😯

hellz85

I never used to have a problem with fireworks until I moved to my current address, this will be our second November here. Last year the fireworks started late October and were an almost nightly occurance until a week after New Years eve. They usually start around 7pm and can go on as late as 1am. I have three dogs, one is alright with it, one cries and hides in her bed the boy goes absolutely bat shit mental, barking his head off and charging through the house, he even throws himself against the back door. Iv tried acclimatising him with a fireworks sounds dVD, iv tried adaptil plug ins and collars but it doesn’t work. I’m going to buy him one of those thunder anti stress coats when I am next paid. I wouldn’t care if it was just a few nights in November but October-January is a bit much. Even if I didn’t have the dogs Id be fed up of disturbed sleep for 3 months, I have to get up at 0400 for work when I am on day shift. A few fireworks went off last night but only for a few mins, iv got everything crossed that this year won’t be as terrible as last year.

lemonysam

Iv tried acclimatising him with a fireworks sounds dVD, iv tried adaptil plug ins and collars but it doesn’t work.

We had one dog who struggled with it, we used to get it tipsy on ginger wine and leave it under a blanket under the stairs. Worked a treat

Premier Icon teamhurtmore
    Subscriber

Mixed feelings

Love fireworks

Hate impact on pets

I have two gun dogs – both retrievers. No problems with guns and army ranges but oddly one is terrified of fireworks. More so if inside the house (dog not fireworks). Fortunately same dog is hard of hearing so first step is to have radio on (works 80% of time) and then its a sedative when it doesn’t.

Neither dog is allowed/goes upstairs but the one has been known to hide (shaking) under son#2’s bed when the rockets go off

As I get older, I verge towards the “too many fireworks” side of the debate.

sbob

I’d sooner ban dogs than fireworks.
    They cause far more injuries each year. 💡

Edit: not that I’d ban either.

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

Have seen good results on my sister’s sighthounds with those thunder coat things.

Cletus

@bruneep

I have been clearing out the garage this weekend and have found two old fire extinguishers that were here when we moved in. One is a black cyclinder (powder?) and one larger is red (water?).

I guess that they are past their sell buy date so I would like to responsibly dispose of them. Please can you let me know how to do this. I am based in Cheltenham if that helps.

Cheers

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Chuck them on the bonfire.

qwerty

That’s nothing, I saw my first Christmas advertising on TV last night 😯

gonefishin

I have been clearing out the garage this weekend and have found two old fire extinguishers that were here when we moved in. One is a black cyclinder (powder?) and one larger is red (water?).

Black SHOULD be CO2 and red water although there should also be labels on them to tell you what’s in them.

Types of Fire Extinguishers

Personally I’d just discharge them but if you don’t want to then your council should have recycling facilities that will take them.

EDIT; if they are powder or foam I wouldn’t set them off as it’ll just make a huge mess.

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

Save for letting off through the letterbox at ‘trick or treaters’ this weekend…

stgeorge

One thing that did surprise me was the loudness of the Aldi Power Finale rockets, they’re about 10x louder than they need to be for a home firework…

Thanks for PSA, off to Aldi tomorrow

jimjam

Cletus – Member

@bruneep

I guess that they are past their sell buy date so I would like to responsibly dispose of them. Please can you let me know how to do this. I am based in Cheltenham if that helps.

Cheers

If you have a water one with a Schraeder valve you (or one of your cycling mates) should be able to re purpose it as a tubless inflator or a portable bike wash.

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeMat3cf68[/video]

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Firework Month has Started FFS’ is closed to new replies.