• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Firefox – Anyone else suffering constant crashing?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Also problems with Adobe flash plug in not playing video clips. Tried all the recommended stuff but beginning to lose patience.

IHN

Not crashing, but it often freezes if I’ve got it open and ‘wake up’ the laptop after, say having the lid closed for a while and opening it again.

samuri
    Free Member

Nope, works fine for me.
    Have you tried talking to your IT administrators?

fasthaggis

Works really well on all my machines,changed from Chrome which never seemed to work that good for me.

portlyone

No, seems fine to me and I have it on several machines.

footflaps

I don’t let Flash run unless I click on it – using software banned from being mentioned on this forum. It makes web pages load much quicker and also avoids all the instabilities and vulnerabilities that come with Adobe SW eg latest webcam hijack: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Flash-Player-Clickjacking-Flaw-Allows-Hackers-to-Hijack-Your-Webcam-360980.shtml

Tom83
    Free Member

Crashes on my mobile, but seems to be stable on the pc’s.

Coyote
    Free Member

Samuri – I hope your arse is still aflame. 👿

Thanks for the responses, looks like a full de and re-install is required.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I was having lots of FF crashes on my work PC daily, would just be doing something on another program and it would just crash at random times.
    Turned out to be a dodgy memory strip in the end, removed that and its been fine since.

spacemonkey
    Free Member

Can’t stand FF anymore. Started getting really heavy and bug-riddled in the months leading up to Chrome’s release. Switched to the latter and wouldn’t ever go back. FF is almost as bad as IE IMO.

andytherocketeer

FF just gets slower and slower and slower. Only thing I use it for is farcebook though, so fb could be the culprit. Doesn’t crash, but needs to be restarted regularly. Just leaving it idle for half an hour makes it unusably slow.

Chrome (well usually Chromium) for everything else. Never crashes, and if it does, it’s just that tab that’s affected.

Plus I steer well clear of flash if at all possible.

MSP

I had lots of problems for a while, resorted to downgrading to flash 10, but currently running the latest versions of both flash and FF without any problems.

It is a flash problem, not FF.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Firefox – Anyone else suffering constant crashing?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.