Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • finish line sealant
  • hopster
    Free Member

Crap, really crap. Wouldn’t seal the smallest holes. Lots of sealant inside the tyre when I checked. Trash, do not buy! Don’t believe the hype.

Back to Orange Seal Endurance which I’ve found works really well. LBS said they’d order me some a few weeks ago so called in today to pick some up. Was informed they didn’t order any because they had better options available. Pointed me towards the Finishline sealant and I had to tell the person in the store how shit it was several times. Oh well even less reasons to use my LBS.

stanfree
    Free Member

Its basically shit , takes twice the amount stated to seal on a hope rim with a Bonty XR3. Dont waste your cash.

hopster
    Free Member

Agreed, absolutely rubbish.

kiwijohn

Seems to be holding up my wire bead Surly Knards just fine. They aren’t tubeless ready & had Stans in them last winter.

Just bought some summer tyres for the Spitfire I’ll be using it in very soon.

When it stops raining long enough to warrant summer tyres.

billyboy
    Free Member

I’ve been using it since it first became available. I’ve used it on WildAMs, Wildgrippers and Mountain Kings. When you first put it in there seems to be seapage through the sidewalls. After the first ride that goes away. It has dealt with burping after I’ve made the odd poor line choice and gone through bigger hits than normal, and it’s dealt with thorns ok. I’ve yet to gash or cut a tyre with this stuff in. I put a 3-4mm cut from flint in a tyre with Orange sealant last year and the Orange sealant dealt with it after a few spins and a fair bit of spitting. I’m not so confident this Finishline sealant would do as well. But I am convinced it will still be there long after the Orange has dried up. Swings and roundabouts!

johnnystorm
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘finish line sealant’ is closed to new replies.