• This topic has 33 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Fine fine beers/ales
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Made an extra special effort to get out to one of my favourite bars last night busses trains and taxis involved. Perusing the beer menu had a special brewers stash limited release. American brown ale, never bottled and never sold outside of the brewery/pub. Made my night that did 🙂

ton

at this present moment, i would give anything for a pint of fruity hoppy pale ale…… 😀

kilo

Probably not niche enough for STW but my beer of choice at the moment is Doombar, bloody gorgeous!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    skellnonch
    Free Member

Very drinkable

Can get very messy

ElShalimo

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All of those other ones are a bit far away

jp-t853

My old whippet used to love this, my favourite also

Keva
    Free Member

had a couple of pints of this last w/end.. not yer usual Black Sheep ale… very nice indeedy.

ourmaninthenorth

at this present moment, i would give anything for a pint of fruity hoppy pale ale……

How long do you have to wait ton?

willard

Well, the pubs don’t open till later this afternoon, so I would think a couple of hours at least.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Weihenstephan
    Augustiner

yum

d45yth
    Free Member

This is my usual tipple – the worst thing is that I now won’t drink in any of my local’s that don’t sell it!

willard

Ton, thinking about it, this place had some stonking beers in from all over the world. Have a gander at their website (http://www.beautifulbeers.co.uk/ and plan out what takes your fancy. They deliver.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I just got back from getting married in New York and couldn’t get enough of this stuff –

Lifer
    Free Member

kilo – Member
    Probably not niche enough for STW but my beer of choice at the moment is Doombar, bloody gorgeous!

Doombar is lovely, as is Timothy Taylor Landlord.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

this is also worth a go (just once at 10%)

zilog6128

^^^ had one of those earlier this year. Was very good! The local beer shop has a regular tasting night where they get in a selection of beers from one or two (normally far-flung) breweries. Also tried, among others, their Superconductor Imperial IPA which was great and Bumaye – a 17% stout aged in Pinot Noir barrels!

NZCol

The iStout is indeed a corker, as is the Renaissance chocolate oatmeal stout which is easy to get. Or also Black the Tuatara imperial stout.

lowey

Great call on the Loweswater. tis a fine pint served in the Sun at Coniston on a summers days after a day in the saddle.

However, let me present to you, simply, the champagne of the north…..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/7Pk6V1]DSC03406[/url] by lowey.com, on Flickr

toby1

Common maybe, but has just the right flavour for me and weak enough you can drink it for breakfast 😉

ton

willard……thanks for the link
    ourmaninthenorth………..i shall be having a pint on saturday, just the one mind…. 8)

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Discovered this recently in Sainsbury’s, v tasty!

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Not sure why the image isn’t posting, sorry, but it’s the lager / IPA hybrid called Caesar Augustus by Williams Bros brewery

Drac

One of the finest breweries there is and one of their best beers, which is saying something.

hilldodger
    Free Member

[Quote]PALE BEAUTY (4.7%)
    Clear pale wheat ale in the English tradition. Robustly hopped with aromatic varieties, it is extremely refreshing and dangerously drinkable. Wheat accounts for 40% of the malt grist.[/quote]

Possibly the finest beer I’ve ever tasted, Twickenham Ales August special

Drac

Common maybe, but has just the right flavour for me and weak enough you can drink it for breakfas

Breakfast you say?

CountZero

The new landlord of my local can only have three pumps on for the time being, he hopes to get four on by next year, but initially he had Doom Bar, Courage Best (some of the locals will only drink this), and a regular change over on the third, keeping to whatever beers from the South-west he can get through Enterprise.
    Now, however, he’s dropped Doom Bar, because it was dropping off in popularity, and so he’s getting different beers from all over the UK on that pump. Recently he’s had Lancaster Bomber, one from Hogs Back Brewery, Bath Ales Gem at the moment, with Wadworth’s Hummingbird, and Tribute coming up. Depending on popularity, they change over every couple of weeks. The future is looking rather tasty. 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve had enough of the American craft brews. Mostly over-hopped and mostly too high ABV. I pine for a pint of Tetley’s or most any other Best Bitter.

dmorts

Doom Bar in bottles is now brewed in Burton on Trent… according to my Dad, and Gordon’s Gin is made in Fife

zilog6128

Doom Bar from the bottle is shit. The cask version is OK but seriously played out now IMO; besides I’d rather give my money to a smaller more interesting brewery than some mega-corp just spamming the hell out of one particular beer whilst it happens to be fashionable!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Alba beer festival tomorrow for me. 40 different breweries, each with at least one beer on the go. Not sure I’ll be posting on Sunday 😀

toby1

lager / IPA hybrid called Caesar Augustus by Williams Bros brewery

Made me think of:

From my next door neighbour.

Drac, you my friend have a problem 😉

Drac

Drac, you my friend have a problem

Damn right I do I only have one bottle left.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Fine fine beers/ales’ is closed to new replies.