• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Finding out a deceased relative's date of birth
  • darrell
    Free Member

Please make the assumption that I have no family left who actually knows

How can I do this?

I can search the UK birth registry indexes and get a year of birth the quarter that the birth was registered. But I want to know the actual date of birth.

wallop

Contact the local registry office where they were born, perhaps. You might be able to go in and search the records.

BenjiM

You can try the county Birth Marriages and Deaths register but it may be a case of looking at Microfiche or old records depending on their age. You could perhaps try a local history society, they may be able to help.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I assume the search shows up the place of birth too, from that point you can look at local records as above

darrell
    Free Member

thanks guys. A trip to the local registry next time im in the UK then

scruff9252

Its noted on the death cert too so if you know when they passed, may be easier to get hold of.

kcal

Should be online with the government records office, though might need to register and pay. You can then get a copy of the birth certificate posted out to you if needs be.

That’s what I did with my grandfather, my mum is still around but had no real close as to when (as in, no clue at all) when he’d died. It wasn’t as if she was a toddler then or anything, she just had no idea as to the year, date or anything..

darrell
    Free Member

to get a copy of a birth certificate you need to supple the DoB, which i dont have and want

kcal

Hm, when I did the stuff for my mum I didn’t really have too much info and found it OK — do search for likely dates and entries, and select the obvious one – was with ScotlandsPeople I think. Maybe in England it’s not as digitised – was able to search though for my mums ancestors data, in Accrington and stuff with little problem..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Finding out a deceased relative's date of birth’ is closed to new replies.