Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Finding old thread: Son buying a big telly / wall mounting and fixings
  • scuttler

My search and google-fu (including site:singletrackworld.com searches) is letting me down and I’m looking for a thread from a couple of months back where OP was saying his son was buying a massive telly and the conversation rapidly switched to wall mounting and some of the better fixings to use. It’s the fixings thing I’m after so does anybody remember the thread?

franksinatra

Not sure of the thread but I got this and I can’t think of a reason why anyone would need any different:

Wall Mount

A word of warning, it is very flush. I fitted switched spurs as there isn’t enough room for three pin plugs behind. I also got 90 degree adaptors for HDMI and aerial leads. If you are wanting it neat with all power and sockets hidden then you need to plan ahead and spend time sorting out sockets.

I had a new chimney breast fitted and at the same time I go the builders to stick a big sheet of wood behind the plasterboard, that way I didn’t need to faff around finding uprights to drill into. TV’s are heavy and expensive to replace if they fall off!

scuttler

It’ll be a big bad ass cantilever mount**. I am definitely planning ahead which is why I’m thinking about options for mounting and there was lots of discussion in the thread about the various wall types and mount options. There will be no builders and I don’t intend on touching the plaster other than chasing a cable duct and moving power / spurs up the wall from the existing sockets.

** so not very flush and likely enough space for 3-pin plugs and standard cables.

squirrelking
    Free Member

https://www.drylinepro.com/

That’s what I’m using on my dot and dab, currently holding up a metric ton of shelving and crap. Rigifix are also supposed to be good.

For solid wall Fischer plugs are the best I’ve found.

scuttler

Found it (was able to search for dryline pro which took me to rigifix which found me the thread)

65″ TV bracket onto plasterboard?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Finding old thread: Son buying a big telly / wall mounting and fixings’ is closed to new replies.