• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Find me somewhere to buy an XTR M985 hanger part
  • robarnold
    Free Member

I managed to bend the piece on my XTR rear mech this morning that attaches it to the hanger. It’s the part that bolts to the frame hanger with a 5mm Allen key bolt and attaches to the mech by a T40 Torx head with a circlip on the back. From looking at a couple of threads on here it’s the part that is the difference between the M985 & M986 mech.

This is the second time it’s bent so it’s only a matter of time before I straighten it and it snaps.

Anybody got a part number or link to one online?

Thanks

andrewh
    Free Member

Looks like it’s part of the main body on this http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/RD/EV-RD-M985-3156A_v1_m56577569830799960.pdf Could be intesting to replace. I think the pivots lower down are press-fit? IE. not removable to swap that bit over?

robarnold
    Free Member

It’s the bracket axle unit, number 1 on that diagram. Found one online, just ordered. Praying it arrives for Sundays race!

Thanks

coopersport1
    Free Member

Could be difficult to replace. I found it hard enough getting a replacement cage for mine, ended up buying a new one in the end as couldn’t wait.
    To that end if you want the top half of an M980 mech then mines there. Guess it’s got to be worth £20

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I bent the same part on my one a while ago and was told this was the only part that wasn’t available as a spare, which annoyed me as its arguably the most likely part to get bent.
    I straightened mine with a hammer in a vice. This was repeated several times over a few weeks due to repeated bending on nettles and dandelions before it dawned on me that these are made of toffee and only fit for fire road riding weight weenies (present company excepted). As a result I upgraded (thats right) to an SLX that has not let me down ever.

cp

THIRTY FIVE QUID??!! rrp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Find me somewhere to buy an XTR M985 hanger part’ is closed to new replies.