Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Find me a CX frame
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Going to build another disc road bike. Looking for frames sets but haven’t come up with much. Can anyone point me to something that exists , not something that is a paper/web exercise. so far, Kinesis and Planet x are about all I can find. Everything else seems to exist in theory but no stock anywhere
    Not steel, I have a Cotic anchor, sorry X. Ti would be nice but too pricey
    Disc only, no nasty canti mounts.

benji
    Free Member

The specialzed crux e5 frameset looks nice, in yellow and pink.

cloudnine
    Free Member

There were some good deals on kinesis framesets at probike and 8.4% cash back with tcb

crazy-legs

The specialzed crux e5 frameset looks nice, in yellow and pink.

That’s the canti one, the disc one is blue:

Mine has just arrived ( 😀 ), it looks way better “in the flesh” than in that pic to be honest.
    Specialized also do an alu disc only complete bike for £1900.

Yeah, otherwse Kinesis look to be really popular, probably for good reason. Have a rummage through this on road.cc:
    http://road.cc/content/news/94179-cross-great-divide-%E2%80%93-2014-cyclo-cross-round

A round up from Eurobike of all the CX-related stuff.

Daffy

Niner RLT
    Genesis Croix De Fer
    Genesis Alfine
    Van Dessel
    Charge Freezer (Also available in Ti)
    Salsa Varya
    Salsa Warbird Ti
    Spot Mod SS Disc

…and this is just what I could be arsed to type.

You really haven’t been looking very hard, have you?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta;Lots on the web but in shops hmmmmm

benji
    Free Member

@crazylegs thats the cruz pro carbon disc which is £1500

That’s the E5 crux, the aluminium one, which is available in canti’s or disc.

chakaping
    Free Member

You really haven’t been looking very hard, have you?

And you haven’t been reading very hard, considering the OP said no steel or ti.

😆

Did you see this one?

Cheap Pinnacle frame

Need to get fork separately though.

benji
    Free Member

Paul Milnes has got some aluminium Merida cross frames in that are disc based on ebay, £250 including a carbon fork.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Tapered headtube on that Pinnacle limits your fork choice, but looks good for the money.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Alright I had found the Merida and Pinnacle as well. The Merida looks s***e and the Pinnacle is worse.
    Now that Spec is lovely though.
    Van Dessel,Spot Mod SS Disc,Niner RLT. Never heard of them and search didn’t bring them up or at least a shop with stock which is what I want.
    Salsa Warbird Ti. TI!
    Salsa Varya Not a CX bike. Sorry, just to show people what I do want. Alloy probably , pretty, not to pricey . If I had money it would be a Lynsky Titainium painted bright red.
    Its shops with frames I need not just frame suggestions.

crazy-legs

Ah, right. Shops with frames…

Um… Nope, not many!
    Thing is, CX is pretty niche at the best of times although you can now get any number of “variation on a theme” options from lightweight tourers to “all round” road bikes to full on CX race bikes. The other factor is you’re right on the 2013-2014 cusp so limited old stock and not-yet-available new stock.

Try the Concept Stores – Specialized have lots, Trek & Giant have a couple each. Otherwise, Evans or maybe Edinburgh Bike Co. They’re the only other mainstream stores you’re likely to find anything in stock.

pjm84
    Free Member

There were some good deals on kinesis framesets at probike and 8.4% cash back with tcb

A bit small for me…..credit card now back in the wallet.

cloudnine
    Free Member

A bit small for me…..credit card now back in the wallet.

Black 60cm Pro6 £399
    http://outlet.upgradebikes.co.uk/Outlet/Clearance/Frames/Kinesis/Crosslight/Kinesis-Pro-6

benji
    Free Member

Give pedalsport, crosstrax or dirtwheels a call they are all based in yorkshire, which appears to be a bermuda triangle of cross shops, and an excellent cross league.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Find me a CX frame’ is closed to new replies.