Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Find a way to make the emotional space, and the physical space will follow.
  • joemmo
    Free Member

OP – just reading about how you used time on the bike for mental problem solving struck a chord and maybe a warning tone as well. As a well practiced ruminator I have been trying to learn to separate when the ‘problem’ I have is solvable by any action I can take and when it is not because in the latter scenario it will become nothing but a source of mental discomfort or pain. If what you do works for you then great but if you find you are trying to solve the same thing over and over then maybe its time to try and leave it alone.

Squirrel

@hardtailonly. 61. Pretty fit. As said above, ride most days, but it can’t last forever! Yes, there is an e-mtb in my future, hopefully they won’t have been banned by then. Beyond that, no idea. I’ve been MTBing for around 40 years and during most of that time have been trying to develop other interests as I (and Mrs Squirrel) agree that my singleminded obsession with mtb just isn’t healthy. Sure, I like walking, music, blah blah, but apart from my family, nothing else matters like riding. And yes, it really is the riding, not shiny or expensive kit.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Find a way to make the emotional space, and the physical space will follow.’ is closed to new replies.