• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Si.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Financial Question…. Anyone used a FE broker for sending money abroad?
  • Si
    Free Member

Currently looking at using https://transferwise.com/en

Done the reading and all seems positive but any actual experience would be appreciated to put mind at rest!!

Thanks

mugsys_m8

we use currencyUK to do a monthly transfer as well as one off transfers (upto around 40k when we were buying our house). Never had a problem.

ddmonkey

I have used a broker in Marlow called Pure FX who have never let me down.

PePPeR

We use Paypal 😳

We have a UK bank account with a Paypal account and a French bank account with a French Paypal account. Send over all the monies we ever need between the two accounts, can do it in less than 5 minutes, from my account to paypal, to French paypal, to my french account, all sorted! Its exchange rate is always better than the currency exchange places like Tesco.

We used to get charged £25 a time to get Santander to send money over for us!

antigee

TorFX

TooTall
    Free Member

I have used HiFX for several years now. Far better rates than banks or anyone else I’ve found. Easy to set up and now fully automated.

Si
    Free Member

Thanks anyone specifically used transfer wise??

From the makers of payapl so looks decent….

sweaman2
    Free Member

No in answer to your question …. I use Moneycorp

boblo
    Free Member

I have UK and French HSBC accounts. Free online transfers between the two.

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Try currency fair. Much better rates than bank to bank direct and a 3 euro charge when you transfer the money out. You do need two nominated accounts though.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Azimo – very low cost, but not sure of the rates. Haven’t used it, but I’ve met the bloke behind it a few times and he’s pretty cool – on a mission to bring down rip-off merchants in finance.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have you tried your bank ? I’ve worked abroad frequently so always chose banks good at international transfers (like HSBC). Otherwise I had an HiFX account for a while, was good for transfers of £25k+ but I closed it when they said £2k was too small for them.

posiwev
    Free Member

I’ve used them several times no problems, IIRC you can go through quidco to get some decent cashback 😉

hosepipe
    Free Member

PePPeR.. would you mind getting in touch about your post re – central heating ?
    on here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/_does-anyone-know-about-heating-cottages-hot-water-rayburns-agas-and-stuff

would really like a chat, just seen your post, but you don;t have many details in profile,.

(sorry this isn’t to do with post)

PePPeR

Hosepipe, I’ve tried emailing you through your website, but it bounced back.

Si
    Free Member

Oh and back on the subject of FE brokers…. Transfer Wise were very very efficient. Highly recommended…. Now just have to await the frame….

Si
    Free Member

Ignore…. double post

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Financial Question…. Anyone used a FE broker for sending money abroad?’ is closed to new replies.