Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Finally started building my own bike.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

After many months of waiting and many stupid questions asked on here i finally started building my Cove Handjob xc. Frame is faced and has had deore hollowtech II cranks fitted and headset has been faced and an FSA the Pig headset fitted. Slx front and rear mechs and xt shifters. Starting to look like a real bike now.

Time to get working on the hard parts lol, making the gears actually work.

ononeorange

Good luck! My first one took me forever, but it’s a great feeling when you finish. Put up some pics when you’ve done.

bomberman
    Free Member

it’s nice if you can get someone to show you how to set the gears up properly but if you need any pointers feel free to get in touch – it’s easy once you know how but it can be a bit tricky

MTT
    Free Member

After years of trying i still can’t sort gears, you’re a better mechanic than me if you manage it. Post some pics when you’re done. 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

just trying to find my camera lead, was just the frame on wednesday now it has everything byt gears and a seat post oh and a read disc brake cos i only had rear v’s before. looks amazing tho so glad i bit the bullet and got the frame. Also cant believe how much fun ive had building it up so far.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love building biks almost as much as riding them (sometimes more) managet to get it down to a couple of hours now but I need a work stand to make it easier. I have to learn to build my on wheels now for the true homebuilt satisfaction.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your first build.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

its annoying like i put my mx comps on and the steerer is silver just dont look right on a white and black bike. Oh to have a bottomless wallet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Finally started building my own bike.’ is closed to new replies.