Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Finally someone has made a foot-shaped riding shoe.
  • LAT

they remind me of some Camper casual shoes I had in the noughties

and me. i like them.

walowiz

I like them.
    I don’t like the price – did I read that right £250 ?

Otherwise I’d buy a pair.

Speeder

Really unpleasant looking things those but I bet if you have hobbit feet they will be very comfortable.

Me, I have fairly irregular feet where all my smaller toes curl under each other and I have enormously long big toes. It’s not some binding issue, it’s genetic as all my family seem to have the same and my kids were born like it. I quite like narrow footwear though I am preferring bigger shoes as I get older and my feet “relax”.

rootes1

for flat pedal shoes, anyone tried Lems Trailhead’s?

Lems Trailhead V2 Mountain to Town Retro Sneaker Mens – Sage — footworksrunning

they are footshaped, but Lems seem to have a much thicker sole than say Vivo etc

tjagain

They don’t look really like my foot shaped feet.  Most folk have shoe shaped feet.  I didn’t wear shoes until I was 6ish and as a result my toes naturally are splayed and mobile like feet should be.  My feet are 8 for length but even in wide fit shoes ( which are only fractionally wider IME ) I need to buy a 10 at least to get enough room leaving the best part of an inch of empty shoe at the front

rOcKeTdOg

Brand new they do look like something your Gran would wear, weathered in I think they look ok.

How about a cycling Chelsea boot? Those giro trackers look good though

zerocool

I do think that I am getting closer to the day where I just buy something like the Lems Trailhead and try to get them resoled with Stealth rubber (is that even possible nowadays). For now I’ll stick with upsized Freeriders as I can’t afford £250 for a pair of fancy shoes.

LAT

they are footshaped, but Lems seem to have a much thicker sole than say Vivo etc

the website says that “they are a D width (narrow)”.

I do think that I am getting closer to the day where I just buy something like the Lems Trailhead and try to get them resoled with Stealth rubber (is that even possible nowadays).

i believe adidas stopped supplying the dotty rubber, you may be able to get smooth climbing sh rubber.

prettygreenparrot

Those Stomp shoes don’t look particularly wide in the toe box. But their styling is … something.

paton
    Free Member

Vibram Penti Cleat

paton
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

@zerocool

The Lens trailhead is, unfortunately, the narrowest shoe that Lens make otherwise I’d agree.

As for the sticky rubber, 5;10 no longer make the sole unit available (but they do make a shoe from recovered sea plastics for the green washing effect).

However, vibram make a sticky dot sole unit that is as good, if not better. I got mine done at Feet First Resoles

jamiemcf

Here’s a thought.

I have a pair of altra Lone peak 4.5 in a half size to small (more of a concern if I run as I wear a hole in the big toe within 5km) Anyone care to hazard a guess if feet first resoles above could resolve and stiffen the sole up at the same time?

mjsmke

They’re natural foot shaped which is great.
    Shame it’s lace only. If they make a velcro or BOA version I’ll buy them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@kamoemcf

I use Altra and had similar thoughts. Or perhaps a pedalling innovations catalyst Evo pedal might be large enough to avoid hot spots on the flexible sole.

Be great if they could add a toe bumper as well.

rootes1

Not entirely relevant, but stupidly wore my Vivo Addis (one of their thinnest sole shoes for commute to station and around London etc on the Brompton – super uncomfy!

Onzadog
    Free Member

@jamiemcf

I use Altra and had similar thoughts. Or perhaps a pedalling innovations catalyst Evo pedal might be large enough to avoid hot spots on the flexible sole.

Be great if they could add a toe bumper as well.

sirromj

I’m a fan of barefoot shoes but those Vibram Penti Cleat are ridiculous.

zerocool

I’m tempted to get a pair of CrossFit/Functional Fitness shoes (Reebok Nano) as they tend to be wider with a more natural shape but due to lifting and strength parts of the sport are quite stiff (not super stiff like SPD shoes) and get them resoled. Not much toe protection but might suit me for XC and trail centre duties as I rarely hit my toes.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@sirromj

I think you might find the penti cleat was first announced 01/04/2014

funkmasterp

I’ve been tempted to get a pair of Vivo resoled for riding. That’s the big issue for me, spend enough time barefoot or wearing vivo footwear and normal stuff becomes really uncomfortable and restrictive. Like boxing gloves for your feet

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The widest parts of my feet are from the ball directly across the width of the foot . from there they taper on both sides for almost two inches to the end of my big toes . That looks to me very much like the shoes and trainers that I put them in . Am I abnormal or have my feet been changed to fit my footware ?

MSP

My experience after wearing altra, lems and merrell barefoot shoes for a few years, is that I can no longer wear traditional shoes anymore as the discomfort is noticeable as soon as I put them on. I think a part of that is that my toes have been allowed to spread naturally, and part that I am no longer accustomed to the restrictive nature of traditional shoes.

zerocool

@RamseyNeil, mine used to be the same and was probably due to about 20 years of wearing normal pointy shoes. Luckily in my 20s and 30s I was pretty much either in flip flops, barefoot or in big wide boots for work before switching to barefoot style shoes so they got another 20 years to revert to normal.

My mum dug out some photos from being a toddler and you could see how wide and splayed my toes/feet were before wearing ‘proper’ shoes. Especially compared to some beach shots from late teens where my toes had become much more tapered in. And now they’re more back to how they were.

My arches and stability have greatly improved as well.

@MSP
    – I agree.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.