Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Finally decision made – getting rid of a 26 in full suss frame these days
  • gribble
    Free Member

Finally, I have made a decision to get rid of my full susser: Faffing about not sure what to do thread

I am going to let the L size 2011 Giant Trance X Large frame go. It just feels to small and I constantly feel like I am going to fall over the top of the bars. I have tried wider bars, short stem, dropper post, offset bushings, herbal tea, but it still feels the same. It is a shame, as I think if I or the frame were the right size it would be great.

I treeated myself to a Cotic Bfe as a replacement.

Thing is, I have been faffing around thinking I will flog the Giant, then thought I would keep keep both, so now have got parts for two bikes. Decided I should just keep one. I don’t need two bikes for trail riding. Given that the 26 in frames and bikes are so last century, am I best to:

Sell the lot together,
    Split and just get rid of the frame,
    Just flog the frame and keep the parts for a quality parts bin (my wife and I have another two 26in bikes between us)
    Give the frame to someone grateful, as the hassle of selling it is not worth it

I am hoping the Bfe fits better; please don’t break my hart and tell me that at 6 ft 2 I am just too big for it… 🙄

reggiegasket
    Free Member

you should be on a 29er

gribble
    Free Member

Reggie – thanks 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Start as complete then split if you can’t shift it.
    Be prepared for low ball offers.
    If you split be prepared to make a garage ornament from the frame…
    When considering low ball offers remember the true value is on the line above…

bigdean

Recently sold a 5 spot ended up putting together a rolling chassis (frame fork and wheels) sold quickly but it was cheep.

I’m at the point i’d rather someone enjoyed the frame than it collect dust in the garage.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks all; I am of the opinion that it is better that someone enjoys it rather than no one. Any ideas on what I should expect/hope for the frame? It is not obviously not in the same league as a Turner. If someone was really keen I would almost consider giving the frame away, but sort of feel I should try and get some cash in for the Bfe build.

I will try in the world of eBay and the classifieds and see how I go.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ebay completes or gum tree for ideas

slackboy

Have a look at ebay completed listings for an idea.

Sold Giant Trance frames – around £150

https://goo.gl/8MbGDY

Sold 2011 bikes – £300-500
    https://goo.gl/jEeXyk

Giant aren’t an in demand brand so I’d think that fixed price/buy it now would be better than auction style listing.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks slack boy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Finally decision made – getting rid of a 26 in full suss frame these days’ is closed to new replies.