Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Finally… A Job offer my way comes!
  • mboy
    Free Member

WOOHOO!

Just had a job offer from the people that interviewed me last Thursday. And not just any old job, but pretty much my ideal job right now!

AND they want me to start pretty soon (well, before the end of April anyway)…

Thank God too, cos I am more skint than I have been for a bloody long time right now, and was staring down the barrel of selling 2 of my bikes any time soon in order to afford to eat/live!

Bring it on! Can’t wait to get started after 4 and a bit months unemployed!

Potdog
    Free Member

Good for you. Enjoy it!

sharki
    Free Member

well done you.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Congrats mboy!!!! Really pleased for you, what’s it doing, where.

jova54
    Free Member

Congratulations!!

Hopefully the first of many similar stories.

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys, and yes, hopefully some others on here will be getting jobs soon too.

Anna… Very similar role to the one I got turned down for a few weeks ago actually, the title for this one is called “Business Improvement Techniques Trainer”. Basically I’d be teaching people in LEAN skills, up to an NVQ level 2, working out on clients sites, all over the southern half of the UK. Pay is pretty good too, as are the perks, and all expenses paid etc! Based at home too, though I’m told I’ll be out on clients sites 15 days out of 20, so am not expecting to get too used to spending time at home in fairness.

scaredypants

Congratulations !

(in my limited experience, working at home involves spending very little time there 😉 )

RichPenny
    Free Member

Great news mate. Sorry I was not able to offer you anything, but it does seem that you’ve come up trumps with that role. We’ve been able to offer someone else a job today too, so there is hope for UK PLC! You coming on the beer ride thing?

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers Rich, no worries by the way mate. I only sent you my CV completely speculatively, I didn’t think anything would come of it in fairness. But suffice to say, yes I’ve landed on my feet with this role. It should be bloody interesting, but it’s also a fair whack more money than I was on in my last role too!

And yes, plan is I shall be coming on the Purbecks ride. Spoke with Aleigh about it, likelihood is I’ll be coming down with her, though how/when we’ve not yet decided! If things change, and I need a place to crash the night before, I’ll let you know straight away no doubt…

aleigh
    Free Member

Yes he’ll be travelling with me I suspect 😯 😉 hehe

Congrats again, really pleased for you

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Great news mboy!!
    I’m having a celebratory drink for you!!
    CHEERS!! 8)

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers girls!

Foxy, have several… I’m struggling to find anyone to go out celebrating with tonight what with it being a school night and all! 😕

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Well Done. Enjoy it.

cinnamon_girl

Really pleased for you mboy – well done!

Goz
    Free Member

Well done Mark, presume it was the call you were waiting for.

alwyn
    Free Member

Possibly the same for me, I’ve got three interviews next week 😀

mboy
    Free Member

@axroads – Member

Well done Mark, presume it was the call you were waiting for.

Cheers, that you Pete? Yes it was the call I was waiting for!

alwyn – Member

Possibly the same for me, I’ve got three interviews next week [:D]

Good luck Alwyn, fingers crossed for you mate. Hope they go well!

will
    Free Member

Two interviews next week for me, one of which i have been selected for the last 3…

theotherjonv

Hey Mboy, well done.

A question. How did you get into this line of work? Have done a couple of events in the past year or so involving LEAN, VSM, etc. and based on that have selfguided one of my teams through a VSM activity for a process the team uses – just coming to an end now so we’re into the measure and refine stage shortly before I boast about success!

But I’m more interested in it the more I see, and I’m considering if my job was ever laid off whether there are opportunities in the ‘unqualified but hands on’ sector, with a view to getting further qualification / experience.

Goz
    Free Member

Thats me, change of user name!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Nice one, mboy! Hope it all works out!

A mate and I are looking into setting up a little business, as many of the suppliers he deals with are offering very tempting deals, and extended credit periods, just to get a bit of trade. Things like 3 months + credit, and discounts on bulk, as well as sweetners like free tellies, iPods etc make things look very appealing! Neither of us have any debt, which puts us in a good position. It’s still daunting, though.

Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say. I notice that quite a few people are having to re-evaluate their careers, and question what’s important to them. Difficult times, but it can help, to look on the positive side.

mboy
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

Hey Mboy, well done.

A question. How did you get into this line of work? Have done a couple of events in the past year or so involving LEAN, VSM, etc. and based on that have selfguided one of my teams through a VSM activity for a process the team uses – just coming to an end now so we’re into the measure and refine stage shortly before I boast about success!

But I’m more interested in it the more I see, and I’m considering if my job was ever laid off whether there are opportunities in the ‘unqualified but hands on’ sector, with a view to getting further qualification / experience.

What’s your email address mate?

I’ll give you some pointers gladly… Mine is mbonnes AT gmail DOT com if you want to drop me a message…

Cheers for the message RudeBoy. And good luck yourself, sounds interesting plan you’ve got there, especially if neither of you have got any debt already. Taking the plunge to setup on your own is not to be taken lightly though, I know I’d be several years away from doing it myself at least. Would have to make certain of my financial security before I tried anything.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, we’re planning to start off small, just to earn ‘pocket money’ at first, until we’ve established some regular business. Then, go to the banks, show them that we’re capable of earning money, and take it from there. It was always gonna be a sideline anyway, really. Better to think small, and succeed at that, than think big, and fail, maybe.

mboy
    Free Member

@axroads – Member

Thats me, change of user name!

Fair enough mate. Likewise since mine was already gone when it came to re-registering on this new forum oddly enough!

stumpy01

Nice one……great news.

I have managed to get my first interview next week (been looking since Jan). I’m looking forward to it, but papping it a bit as it always takes a couple of interviews to get into the swing of it! It’s for a production engineering position.

jedi

<high5> im still looking but nothing my way comes 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

high5 back

Sorry you’ve still not got anything mate, have you had many interviews now? Got to be said this was only my third inside 4 and a bit months, so I’m pretty chuffed I got it. Sure something will turn up soon though for you.

Without wishing to sound like I’m trying to teach you to suck eggs, have you seen anyone regarding any advice on making your CV stand out? I was quite surprised to learn that you can get quite far with some free advice these days.

aleigh
    Free Member

I was quite surprised to learn that you can get quite far with some free advice these days.

Who said anything about free? The invoice is in the post 😉 😆

rOcKeTdOg

nice one chap

Futureboy77

nice one mboy!

Got told i was to be made redundant a few weeks ago.
    My boss tried his best to keep me but no joy. I found another job and told my boss this morning…he just found away to save me!!! 😕

I had to take the new job, but felt pretty bad letting my boss down.

Not sure what the moral of that story is….other than the fact there are still some jobs out there!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Congratulations!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Finally… A Job offer my way comes!’ is closed to new replies.