Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Finale Ligure in July?
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Is this feasible and/or sensible?

Looking at heading there this year and the only time we can go is late July. Fly in/out Nice.

So, can anyone give me a idea if any of the uplift companies operate at this time?

Will it just be too hot even if they do?

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Guides we had said straight no for that way too hot

antennae
    Free Member

It’ll be baking. I’m sure you’ll be able to find an uplift but the first part of the bike season wraps up in June really.

I’d be looking to head somewhere alpine if that’s the only time you can go.

BoardinBob

We did early August. Got Ride On Noli to provide the uplift. Was baking hot. 40 degrees+. Trails were deserted though

jjwprestidge
    Free Member

It’s hot – not usually 40 degrees though. Low 30s is more typical, bit less if you’re high up in the hills.

JP

Speeder

The World’s your oyster in July and I thought Finale was an out of season venue. Plenty of other great places to ride.

neilc1881
    Free Member

I’ve been in July, and although not a biking holiday, I did get a day riding on a rental bike.  Rode up as it was last minute and all the uplift was fully booked.  It was high 30s, so hot, but not too bad really, climbs on the road were the worst!  Didn’t see another mtb rider all day!  Trails were great, did some natural stuff off of a map the shop let me borrow, mainly towards the south of Finale I think.

If it’s the only time you’ve got, I’d do it.  I’d go again in July, only downside perhaps was that the kids found the sand on the beach too hot to walk on!  So we spent all day in the water.  Oh, and paying to sit on a beach took some getting used to!

daveloslynch
    Free Member

Ride On Noli will provide advice.  They provide a fantastic uplift service – great guides and flipping brilliant lunches!

daveloslynch
    Free Member

MTB beds will provide some advice as well – drop Ben a note.

Tracey

First time we went was in July. Booked with Finale Freeride for the guided tours. Had a great time but it was too hot. Have been back three years running since all at the end of September and used them again for the guiding. It was far more enjoyable and I think I rode better due to the fact that I wasn’t boiling.

nickdavies

No. Go early or late, go somewhere else in July.

I went in July for my first time.. spent 3 days with heatstroke, never felt so ill! Been back in October since and that’s lovely.

nasher
    Free Member

Or try Molini, just 30 mins inland from Sanremo, Liguria, but none of the coastal heat..

miketbrown
    Free Member

General consensus seems to indicate no-go.

Many thanks for everyone’s advice and input. There’s no substitute for experience!

Maybe Sept …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah just had a look back on Strava, topping out late Sep at 28-30c plenty warm enough for the pedally bits and a full face!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Finale Ligure in July?’ is closed to new replies.