Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Finale ligure accommodation
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

I know things like Airbnb exist but there seems to be a wealth of choice and I know finale is a popular destination in these parts.

Considering going next year for a week and then either moving to the alps, or somewhere else or going for two separate trips. Needs to be bike suitable accommodation for three of us, two bedrooms minimum. Not fussed about nightlife but locality to shuttles and trails obviously. Ideally somewhere for just us so not a hotel and not three flights up into a flat!

v7fmp

i have been twice and each time we got an airbnb. One at the east side of town, one on the west.

east is further from the uplift spots, but its like a 5-10 min ride max, so no major drama.

All were cool with having bikes stored inside. Although on both occasions it was a few flight of stairs up, so thats something to remember.

Otherwise MTB Beds do accommodation out there…

https://www.mtbbeds.com/accommodation?resort=15&category=All&field_property_sleeps_target_id=All

thegeneralist
    Free Member

How you getting from the airport to the gaff?

When we went it all looked a bit complicated to me so in the end I just booked a quad room with http://www.hotelsangiuseppe.com for 1640 D,B&B for the week. They also picked us up from Nice airport, but if you got the train from the airport it would be dead simple cos they’re right on the train line ( get a high up room 😉 )

I know I’ve committed the cardinal sin of ignoring your ” not a hotel” statement, but any additional info can’t be bad.

PS, if you’re doing the inland stuff then best not to go in October. It was just a sea of leaves with rocky spikes just under the surface.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ll be driving so the e-bikes can get there. Dont fancy lugging it/them up three flights of stairs hence the house/no flat requirement. Ideally want to save money and be more flexible about diet by catering for ourselves really so no hotels.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

At risk of stating the obvious, are you good with heat?
    There’s no way I want to be in Finale at the time of Year when the alps were in condition. I’d melt.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yeah that’s why I’m thinking two separate trips because although I do fine in heat (I’m still under a winter quilt with pjs on) the OH does NOT cope with the heat (thin quilt, no pjs and a fan all night).

Tracey

We missed last year for the first time since 2014. Usually go out their for Abigale competing at the end of September and the heat isn’t as bad. First time we went was a spur of the moment decision and drove down from a week in Verbier at the end of July but the heat made riding unbearable. We are back out next month but use the campsite as it fits our needs better and they do uplifts although we take Emtbs and normal bikes. The trail map is first class for self guiding. Some of the guided tours take you further afield and off the beaten track

There is an abundance of all types of accommodation in the town and surrounding area, most are geared up to accommodate bikes less so for parking spaces near to them.

When the racing is on the town is buzzing, its a bit more laid back the rest of the time

BoardinBob

OH does NOT cope with the heat

We did a week of uplift in Finale in August 4 years ago. The heat was insane. We were guzzling gallons of water every time we got back to the vans but we were still sweating it out quicker than we could take it in.

Accommodation wise, I’ve stayed in an Air BNB, stayed with MTB Beds and they’re great but we went down for the EWS trophy of nations back in 2019 and stayed here, which was absolutely fantastic, and very reasonable.

http://locanda-la-fortezza.liguriatophotels.com/en/

bubs

Can anyone recommend transfers from Nice? We are going later this year and although we have hired cars previously it’s a faff and the numbers make it more difficult this year. We just stay in small, family run hotels/apartments with secure garage storage.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend transfers from Nice? 

As above, our hotel did ours. But next time I’d just get the train.

GolfChick
    Free Member

What’s the earliest people have been to finale and the weather be agreeable? Big birthday in January so thinking the earlier half of the year would be best and then allow for another trip later on.

bikenski
    Free Member

@bubs… late to the post, but Coolbus have a local bus (Sospel based) and do Nice to Finale airport transfers.

bikenski
    Free Member

What’s the earliest people have been to finale and the weather be agreeable

Mid-Feb often has some great weather…a bit of a gamble as there may alternatively be snow! But probably 3 (or even 4) out of the last 5 years have seen 20 degs and sunshine in mid-Feb.

Edit: maybe 15 degs….but felt really warm!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.