Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Finale in the wet…
  • panzerjager
    Free Member

Anybody ridden Finale Ligure in the wet?
    Rode there last year in the glorious sunshine, but a group of us are going later this week & the weather forecast is pretty horrendous.
    Anyone know if they cater well for this?
    I know a lot of the trails we rode last year are on private land & wonder if the trails close in bad conditions?
    Cheers.

tymbian
    Free Member

Havent ridden there yet. I’m hoping to be there in September. Which uplift do you use?

Tracey

When we go we use Finale Freeride. If you are going in September alot of good trails will be closed for the last week for the EWS. We were out last year for the EWS and although we managed a couple of days riding we had to prebook the shuttle as most of them are ferrying riders on the practice days.
    Will be out again this year watching Abigale compete and getting a couple of days on the trails.

Tracey

nasher
    Free Member

Coming down with Alex and Mad Gary butt?

If so was hoping to join, maybe wednesday, but yeah looking wet. In Finale there used to be an agreement not to ride the trails when wet… but I don’t think this is still the case..

Lou will have some trails that are suitable, and she rides outside the Finale area so you should be OK..

honourablegeorge

Wet weather doesn’t stop Finale Freeride uplifts, though they might adjust where you ride a little.

I’ve ridden there on the aftermath of heavy rain, had great fun.

honourablegeorge

Wet weather doesn’t stop Finale Freeride uplifts, though they might adjust where you ride a little.

I’ve ridden there on the aftermath of heavy rain, had great fun.

tymbian
    Free Member

Tracey..we’re there the first week although it’s not to late to bail out as nothings booked yet.would you not recommend it that week?

Tracey

If you want access to all the trails then avoid the last week in September, its probably their busiest week with all that’s going off with the EWS. The remaining trails not used for the race have a lot more riders on them and its a lot harder to get an uplift or guide. Saying that the atmosphere in the town for the EWS week is fantastic.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys, we’ve made the switch to Garda for the weekend, weather forecast not quite so bad.
    Just a few of us driving down from Basel, so roughly the same journey time to either place.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Finale in the wet…’ is closed to new replies.