Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Filthy Fly Tipping Scum
  • woody2000

Honestly, what is wrong with some people!? Found this on my commute this morning, it completely blocks the entry/exit to a footbridge over a very fast & busy A road. The bridge is a continuation of the bridleway so this will mean any horses that need to cross will have try and cross the A road. Absolute effin morons. When I’m king, fly tipping will be a capital offence! 😈

I’m actually half wondering if the farmer who presumably owns the track has dumped it, there’s a gate blocking the entrance off the road most of the time so it would have to have been very opportunist otherwise. Whoever it is, they make me sick!

Rob_S
    Free Member

Agree with your sentiments completely.

Report it here

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

I’ve done that a few times and the results, the rubbish being cleared, have usually been pretty quick.

z1ppy

We once passed a pickup transit, acting a bit weird, but then he did have 5 mtb with lights blazing coming at him down a country lane. He’d just tipped his load of crap in the middle of the lane 100m further on (out of sight).. it’s unbelievable what ppl will do.

woody2000

Yeah, I’ve reported it. More local council money wasted by some selfish prick who doesn’t give a f*** about anybody else. Bastards.

It beggars belief that people can be arsed to drive out to the middle of nowhere (usually somewhere quiet and picturesque) and dump a load of shit in preference to taking it to the tip. Why not flytip it at the tip!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

in preference to taking it to the tip. Why not flytip it at the tip!

If your council is anything ours: vans arent welcome at all sites. Also vans have to pay at those that will accept them. This is the source of the problem really (along with being a prick).

ThePinkster

Why not flytip it at the tip

Because of the exorbitant charges that councils now present to companies using their tips as part of their government imposed ‘green tax’ on waste recycling.

It’s far cheaper to dump it on a side road somewhere and let the council collect it for you for free.

Edit: Beaten to it^^

bails

On a much smaller scale, this morning I saw a woman sitting in a queue of traffic throw a cigarette packet out of her window as I passed her. I said “you’ve just dropped something” but it blew away before I could throw it back into the car with a helpful smile on my face!

woody2000

I meant dump it at or near the tip illegally after hours instead of dumping it “in the wild”. Hence “flytip it at the tip” 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Because they have cameras near the tip to catch the vans doing that. So you have to go somewhere more rural.

towzer

I may not be correct but on private land isn’t the landowner responsible – so it’s another win for councils as it’s s.e.p. ??

scruff
    Free Member

Do the decent thing and set fire to it.

khani
    Free Member

There’s been an increase of fly tipping round here after the council decided to shut the all tips at 5pm Monday to Friday,
    And a bloke on our street has just been done for operating an asbestos removal company and then illegally storing and fly tipping the asbestos rather than disposing of it properly, he had seventy odd large skips filled with asbestos at his unlicensed private tip when they nicked him and was paying his driver to fly tip as well as collect,
    fined, suspended sentence and 200 hours of CS.. 😕
    He got gobby at the mrs once when he blocked the drive with a skip lorry and she asked him to move it, walked down the drive and got in her face gobbling off.. he squealed like a bitch when the staffy chased him back off the drive chomping at his arse.., 😀
    His name rhymes with tosser as well…

jambalaya
    Free Member

This is a disgrace but ….. it’s entirely the result of changes in the law/council policy that means taking the rubbish to the tip is expensive for “commercial operators”. I once went with some old bricks in the car a d was told they were commercial waste and I’d have to pay, also been in a rented van and told I wasn’t welcome despite it being full of recyclables – I had to return in the car.

annebr
    Free Member

yeah wish it was the councils problem as unfortunately it’s the landowner who has to clean up after these Rs holes. 🙁

project
    Free Member

I have a van and a van permit for my stuff to go to the recycling centre, i also work in peoples homes, and quite often they tell me to take their old doors etc to the tip, when i point out its their product and i dont have a waste carriers licence from the environment agency, some whinge like mad at the cost of the council pickup charge,and say i should pay it for them, they obviously hadnt factored in the cost of disposal of their old product.

But they either pay for a skip, or dispose of it themselves.

Finally if you ever see a fridge or freezer flytipped, either remove the doors, or smash the hinges or remove the seals, just so children dont get trapped in it.

woody2000

Is it still the landowners problem on a PROW? In my case, it’s an exit from a footbridge over a road, the landowner won’t have built the bridge, surely?

stever
    Free Member

Last Christmas I was out for a run and someone had fly tipped on the day – complete with wrappings, etc …I thought I had a weird way of spending Christmas Day.

johnellison
    Free Member

Is it still the landowners problem on a PROW?

Yes. The landowner is responsible for keeping PRoWs open and accesible at all times.

hatter

It’s huge problem in the lanes near us, piles of building site waste literally dumped in the middle of the road.

It’s become a bit of a cottage industry amongst the local ne’er do wells, they just go round the local sites and offer to ‘dispose’ of waste for less than it costs at the council tip, take payment in cash, no questions asked, easy money with little chance of consequences.

They’ve even started ramming gates off their hinges so that they can dump their crap.

The laws are there but enforcement is woefully rare and the punishments almost negligible.

Boils my urine something chronic.

woody2000

Ta.

So, by reporting it, does that mean someone from the council then gets in touch with the landowner or is it just up to the landowner to monitor and resolve any problems?

Scamper
    Free Member

If waste is fly tipped on commercial premises it did effectively become the problem of the business owner. There should be some more up to date guidance on the Environment Agency website. It may be worth having a rummage around to see if there is anything which can pin point where the waste came from – old invoices, receipts etc

woody2000

I did have a rummage around Scamper, couldn’t see anything obvious sadly.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m currently away from home and staying in the South Downs area. It’s such a novelty to be able to walk or ride along footpaths and bridleways down here without having to dodge huge pikes of crap that the pikeys have fly tipped.
    Fly tipping is one of my biggest pet hates, I absolutely detest it.

djc1245
    Free Member

Public execution for fly tipping. There is no excuse. Filthy dirty scumbags

Edric64
    Free Member

I live in Bath and drive a van .If I want to use the tip I have to register my vehicle to my address but think its car only .If I drive to Trowbridge in Wiltshire they dont mind vans or the bathrooms worth of tiles and crap I took there and it was free .If I go to Wells in Somerset they are usually really lenient but a bag of tiles cost 3 quid to dispose of .So thats 3 councils and different rules in each one and reduced opening times to save money
    I assume the money saved is then spent clearing up fly tipping which if done on private land then isnt the councils responsibility.

schnor
    Free Member

Don’t worry woody, fly-tipping on a PRoW (or any other Highway) is the responsibility of the Local Authority to remove.

As mentioned above, if its on private land (or as happens occasionally with me after its dumped initially, the landowner discreetly moves it onto a nearby RoW – which I can’t really blame them for TBH) its up to the landowner to remove. Sometimes it can be very expensive to sort out, particularly with hazardous material.

nickjb
    Free Member

So, by reporting it, does that mean someone from the council then gets in touch with the landowner

Not round here. I reported some waste oil left in buckets on the lane to our garage block. Council just said it was private property and they wouldn’t deal with it. I did wonder about moving it 10 metres to the road and phoning them back, no idea who the landowner is.

yunki
    Free Member

Have we finally stumbled upon a subject that we all agree on?!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Finally if you ever see a fridge or freezer flytipped, either remove the doors, or smash the hinges or remove the seals, just so children dont get trapped in it.

FFS, have a word. I’ve just strategically placed lots of freezers complete with enticing sweets around our neighborhood, I **** hate kids! Leave my traps be!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

FFS, have a word. I’ve just strategically placed lots of freezers complete with enticing sweets around our neighborhood, I **** hate kids! Leave my traps be!

I like it!! 😈

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

It really makes my piss fizz.

Some people don’t give it a sh*t. Out of sight, out of mind.

ononeorange

Our local Council encourage I am convinced as some sort of chav opportunity scheme. There is so much of it alongside every bridleway, and happening across a load of sweary aggressive *****s dropping their crap off on night rides is not uncommon.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Filthy Fly Tipping Scum’ is closed to new replies.