Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • films you like, but that your ladyfriend likes also….
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

we all know the golden rule for films is that you can tell how great it’ll be by the size of the guns, amount of exploding hellychoppers or amount of ladyskin on show in the poster.

but, those pesky wimmin types seems to be only liking those romcom films with pretty men who do something romantic to end up with the flawed but lovable female character.

now obviously some of us are lucky enough to have ensnared a wimmin who’ll agree to being strapped down long enough to watch a decent film, but some aren’t… and for those who aren’t, i give you this thread 😀

my first suggestion of films you’d enjoy as a man but your ladything should enjoy too:

KPax

scaled
    Free Member

O brother where art thou 😀

pypdjl
    Free Member

Satantango

DezB
    Free Member

My wife’s fave films are
    Thelma & Louise
    and True Romance.

I love em.

brakes
    Free Member

my ladyshape really likes the Bourne films.
    she was well annoyed when I watched the Bourne Legacy without her.
    other than than there is nothing that she will admit to liking that doesn’t have Meryl Streep in.

Cougar

Lord of the Rings.

Incidentally, not all of the forum are heterosexual males, Phillypoos.

theteaboy
    Free Member

scaled – Member
    O brother where art thou

Yes!

And Intolerable Cruelty (“You fascinate me”)
    Nurse Betty
    Zero Effect
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    The Day After Tomorrow (really!)
    Lake Placid

edit: And Independence Day, of course.

IHN

Muppets Christmas Carol

brakes
    Free Member

not all of the forum are heterosexual males

good point. I’m a homerosexual crab of ambiguous gender.

Cougar

I’m a homerosexual

You’re only attracted to ancient Greek poets and yellow cartoon men?

willard

Moon
    Paul

Errrrrrr That’s about it really.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i know they’re not all ‘with penis’, was hoping some of the breasted might post their own suggestions 😀

grum
    Free Member

Commando
    Conan the Barbarian
    Anchorman
    Zoolander
    Starship Troopers

Hmmm perhaps my missus is secretly a man.

Withnail and I is another.
    Lord of the Rings +1

ampthill

My wife son and i have all just enjoyed Looper

In general my wife loves a great 12 fast cars and machine guns. She just doesn’t like very reveal voilence or children in real peril

She is nagging me to watch Battleship, the new Bourne and the expendables 2

However films for the 4 of us is tough as 13 year old daughter is less in to the car chase thing

Blades of Glory was the last film all 4 of us liked

nick1962
    Free Member

My (now)wife and I both enjoyed Old Boy together!
    Thinking I was on a roll I went too far.
    Irreversible,unsurprisingly bombed.
    She gets her own back every time Along Came Polly comes on TV and makes us both watch it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeah grum, you’re imaginary girlfriend likes man films 😆

i found the best way to do things is to get the dvd or *cough* avi files paused at ther start of the film, hide the box or skip past the titles so it jsut starts that way no judgement can be made on the basis the dvd box isn’t white with a happy looking couple on the front, or on the title of the film.

everything i pick she likes, but its getting past the ‘oh i wont like it’ based on the cover!

oh and by me picking the film she doesn’t get to chose films that make me cry

rascal
    Free Member

Drive.
    Slick, stylish, no rubbish dialogue, ace soundtrack, cool (mental) dude also happens to be Ryan Gosling – who is apparently easy-on-the-eye 😆

yunki
    Free Member

Love, Honour and Obey
    Deathproof (any Tarantino really, unless your binty is dead from the ankles up)

what’s not to like..?

funkrodent

I’m about to go see Django Unchained with her tonight. On my recommendation. I’ll let you know..

withersea
    Free Member

killbill

portlyone

some of the breasted might post their own suggestions

Do moobs count?

Harry_the_Spider

Stalingrad

chakaping
    Free Member

Intolerable Cruelty

Same here, only film we’ve watched together a few times. Apart from The Princess Bride of course.

Both loved The Muppets (new one) as did our daughter.

Not sure she’d really understand the appeal of The Transporter though.

MrOvershoot

My wife quite likes plenty of action & pace but not too much violence, having said that she liked Drive & that has some pretty brutal scenes.

One of her all time faves is In Bruges, TBH dark humour is something she loves!

Dickyboy

The Skin I Live In – first film we sat & watched together, fabulous 🙂

toyrobot
    Free Member

I’m lucky too. My wuman likes pretty much the same films as me and lists Die Hard as one of her all time favourites. That said she did convince me to buy ‘It’s complicated’ with Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep which I managed about 20 minutes of before leaving her to it – in hindsight, what the effingjeff was I thinking!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apart from the artistic selections…

Taxi. The French original.
    Clueless and Legally Blonde (guilty pleasure!)
    All the Bond films
    LOTR trilogy
    Ice Cold in Alex
    and many, many more besides!

nedrapier

Generally like the same stuff, most unexpected “away win” was this:

Erm, fancy this one? It’s won loads of awards and stuff, apparently it’s really good. It’s called “The Wrestler”…

Didn’t know much about it myself, I thought I was talking her into watching a boy film. She loved it.

nicko74

A Life Less Ordinary

toby1

My wife is pretty liberal in her film preferences, so I get lucky with being able to get most films on.

There are a bunch of films that both sexes should enjoy:

Serenity (and indeed Firefly)
    Zombie land
    Easy A
    Clueless
    Jennifer’s body

Most things with Emma Stone in, even if you don’t like the film there is plenty to like about Emma Stone.

Finally the fallback film should be The Sweetest thing, funny, attractive lady folk and contains a RomCom style story line.

I’m sure there are many others too.

northernmatt

My missus is a weirdo, as am I. We both like the following (there’s a theme)

Ichi the Killer
    Ju-On (Grudge)
    Battle Royale 1&2

Other assorted jap horror, can’t remember any more right now.

samuri
    Free Member

She is nagging me to watch Battleship

Get the divorce papers ready.

My wife likes comedies, as do I so there’s plenty there that we both like.
    Blades of glory, dumb and dumber, zoolander, that sort of thing.
    We both love It’s a wonderful life.
    She doesn’t like death murder kill films though and I don’t like Bette Davis films.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh, and the James bond films with Daniel Craig in. She really likes them for some reason.

scaredypants

My Mrs didn’t much like Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer but she’s right into psycho-thrillery shite with serial killerz on the telly.
    That any help ?

She once stayed up late once and watched Saw on her own and didn’t sleep properly for days – daft cow

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Grosse Point Blank
    Constantine
    Those new Batman films
    Any of the Avenger type films that have been out recently
    She likes Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith best
    Although she said they’re pants, she likes the nostalgia of the old action films that the Expendables films deliver

Basically, other than that she likes actiony films if they have someone she fancies in them, Daniel Craig, Gerard Butler, Christian Bale, that sort of thing.

I can also get the odd Star Trek film by her too, although my Kirk and Bones impressions are starting to wear a bit thin

edhornby

lots of great choices above; there is also

Garden State
    Zombieland

oliverd1981
    Free Member

We have quite different tastes, but “10 things I hate about you” is our joint cinematic guilty pleasure

Sandwich

The DIe Hard sequence (or any Bruce Willis film, I have not forgiven Armageddon)
    Bourne
    Bond with Daniel Craig, Brosnan and Connery
    Ependables 1&2

OT

Incidentally, not all of the forum are heterosexual males

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Tiger Land. We both liked Tiger Land. For different reasons, I reckon.
    And we both like Amelie
    Near Dark as well

MrsToast
    Free Member

After some gentle persuasion, I got Mr Toast to watch Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, and he loved it. He was reluctant to see it because, being unfamiliar with the comics, he thought it was a teen romance/comedy thing.

He didn’t much enjoy Avengers and The Hobbit though, and doesn’t like Star Wars. 🙁

He got me to watch Life of Pi, which I enjoyed. We both enjoyed Dredd (my choice) and The Raid (mutual choice), but I preferred Dredd and he preferred The Raid.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘films you like, but that your ladyfriend likes also….’ is closed to new replies.