Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Films filmed in your home town
  • DavidB
    Free Member

The System – filmed in Brixham when we still had a train station. Staring a young Oliver Reed

doublezero
    Free Member

My hometown the city of dreams Milton Keynes

Superman iv filmed at Milton Keynes railway station
    Withnail & I small piece filmed in Stony Stratford
    Citizen Smith threw his guitar in the river Ouzel just outside Bletchkey

stevious

I thought that Billy Elliot was filmed in my home town but it just turns out that lots of County Durham mining towns look really similar.

maccruiskeen

Quite a few things filmed over in the old Motorola plant in Bathgate!

Thats a weird place to work – the building is shared with the HMRC and they’ve decorated the corridors with ‘artworks’ that look like huge blow up prints of black and white surveillance footage

@squirrelking I think they film it at Wardpark now. I haven’t watched it but have heard that some of it was filmed down at Hopetoun House near South Queensferry!

The studio is in an industrial unit at Wardpark in Cumbernauld the locations are all over the bloody place – I don’t think theres any location I’ve filmed at where a tourist hasn’t walked up and asked if we’re shooting outlander – and then realise that some of outlander had already been filmed there previously.

Oddly enough Outlander is also shot at Hunterston House

Working at Hunterston House is funny too – roll up unannounced to the front door to measure up in and within a few minutes the place is crawling with cops 🙂 – probably because of the handy vantage point for Squirrelking’s work. We shot Malevolent there

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh they did the young James Herriot series there as well!

Dont let CNC fool you, they know fine well what’s going on (we get told in advance when you take over the car park), they’re just bored and looking for some sort of excitement.

TiRed

Not my home town, but our Stevenage labs were used as the location for the film Spy Game.

rob8624
    Free Member

Twin Town 🙂

jerrys
    Free Member

Not my hometown, but I lived in Lochgoilhead when they filled Restless Natives (previously mentioned in this thread). Several scenes where filmed in the village itself with members of the cast also staying there, and locals acting as extras. Other scenes shot on the ‘Rest and Be Thankful’ just up the road.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Forgot about The Jacket it was filmed at Bangour Village Hospital. Sadly being knocked down now to make way for a new housing estate!

llama

Period dramas

easily
    Free Member

Also filmed in Milton Keynes, a scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
    I know, because I played a Nazi soldier. £100 and all the food I could eat for a nights work.

I don’t think Harrison Ford was even there, but Mr Bronson was.

makkag
    Free Member

for my sins I was born and raised in Watford so since 97 loads filmed at the warner bros lot – however Star wars the Phantom Menace shots in the woods were at my Local bike spot Jar Jar , Obi Wan and co filmed next to one of our trails ..

rhys
    Free Member

Die Another Day and Top Secret!

mattvanders
    Free Member

‘Who framed Rogue Rabbit’ hiding in the cinema was filmed in the Sate cinema in Grays, Essex (my home town).
    ‘4 wedding and a funnel’ filmed the funnel st Marys church behind proctor and gamble factory in west Thurrock (still grays).
    ‘28 days later’ truck stop fill up just up the road near Stanford le Hope.
    ‘Indiana Jones and the last crusade’ filmed the Venice boat chase scene in Tilbury dock (very similar place, honest).

EDIT

AND HOW COULD I FORGET ‘ESSEXBOYS!’ basically about the gangland killing over the drug market of Essex that was actually filmed in Grays, lakeside, and ssssoooouuuutttthhheeennndddd.

offcumden
    Free Member

The Railway Children and Pink Floyd’s The Wall are two that spring to mind, but there’s plenty of others and lots of TV.

rhys
    Free Member
    enterusername
    Free Member

BBC’s Cuckoo is based in Lichfield with very few scenes actually filmed here.

By the way this is a great series and is available on Netflix for you to watch!

halifaxpete

Happy Valley/Last tango in Halifax and some high school drama on channel 4 are filmed round ‘ere

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I’m with mattvanders.. I remember watching the film and thinking how this was an awful grim place to live.. little did I know
    Not the four weddings but the funeral

on a lighter note it also made me smile to know Alex Kingston once graced our town

Essex boys

sparksmcguff

Read this whole thread hoping that @trail_rats mate from School would have done an Arbroath based short.
    Local Hero features the local airport. There was a Norwegian production named after Aberdeen but they filmed most of it in more picturesque towns along the coast.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Films filmed in your home town’ is closed to new replies.