Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Films filmed in your home town
  • Premier Icon andytherocketeer

there was a similar thread a few weeks back, so this one was linked…

Full Metal Jacket

Plus Call the Midwife, World is Not Enough (probably other Bond movies too), Sherlock Holmes, , had a feeling Harry Potter had a bit filmed nearby too, loads of period dramas on BBC/ITV,…

Premier Icon lister

My house and kids were in the background of Me Before You. Emilia Clarke has been on my local swings looking sad!

Premier Icon Pigface
    Free Member

Twin Town but to be honest some parts of Swansea make it look like a documentary

Premier Icon markgraylish
    Free Member

Tons and tons of stuff in/around Vancouver & North Vancouver. In normal times I work in downtown Vancouver and just about every couple of weeks a block or two of parking is devoted to all the trucks transporting all the filming paraphernalia, what seems like miles of cabling criss-crosses the pavements and mobile changing rooms & mobile catering facilities popup.
    I’ve walked through countless “sets” at lunch times and watched the stunt teams set up the rigging for Deadpool/Deadpool 2 on the top of the multi story car park opposite my office.
    The novelty wore off a long time ago and sometimes the disruption can be a pain in the arse (however, film & TV are big business so the city enjoys the extra revenue)

Premier Icon Neb

This is just down the road from where I was brought up. Used to wait for my mate at the phone box

Premier Icon Dickyboy

To The Devil a Daughter filmed near our local church, where Maria Carey also got married, makes you think…

Also, over 20 films partly filmed in village stately home ranging from Clockwork Orange to What a Girl Wants.

Premier Icon mildred
    Free Member

Kes

Premier Icon cobrakai

Maccruiskeen, shit you not, I was there the day they filmed that over ballochmyle viaduct. Spoke to the 2nd unit director as well.

Wed been shooting our BB guns down at the river when the helicopters turned up and landed just next to kingencleuch castle. Still remember thinking that the red one looked tiny.

Director told us he was filming a tom cruise film and we just laughed and said no chance.

Good trails at the golf course apparently…. don’t live local any more so can’t confirm.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes

Not much goes on in Doncaster, Open All Hours still going after decades, the streets where it’s filmed are well used to it now and it only takes a few hours to set up or return to normal after filming. The airport was used for Come Fly With Me and turns up in movies too, Four Lions was one, but I’ve spotted it in a couple of others too. Brodsworth Hall turns up as an Edwardian mansion in a few things, and decades ago there was a Dick Francis series which centred round the racecourse.

Premier Icon kimbers

Some bits of the Mackenzie Crook Worzel Gummage were filmed on Dunstable Downs
    which might give the impression that Dunstable is a beautiful place.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?locations=Dunstable,+Bedfordshire,+England,+UK

Premier Icon somafunk

There’s a few films shot in/around my home town but the most well known is the wicker man, my mates mums arse was the body double for Britt Eklands arse as she threw a stroppy huff and refused to show it. A few other body doubles were screen tested and tried out but in the final edit her arse was chosen.

He still gets ribbed about it to this day asthe perfect response to any question he asks, is “your mums arse”

Premier Icon giant_scum
    Free Member

Quite a few things filmed over in the old Motorola plant in Bathgate!
    Outlander, Shetland, Outlaw King and Trainspotting 2.
    Parts of Trainspotting 2 and the brilliant Restless Natives were filmed at Beecraigs in the Bathgate Alps.
    Couple of the scenes from Outlaw King were shot at Linlithgow Palace. one of the baddies who was inside Linlithgow Palace going on about catching the Bruce. Cut to next scene the Bruce is outside the Palace (he was obviously meant to be miles away) having a shindig with his buddies!

Premier Icon sirromj

load a shite i’ve not watched.

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

Hmm is Outlander the next Biffy Clyro? I thought the studio stuff was done at Wardpark in Scumbernauld (where my missus grew up and went to the same school Gregory’s Girl was shot in).

Oddly enough Outlander is also shot at Hunterston House and at such an angle you can’t see my work (the bloody huge power station next door). Largs gets sod all filmed in it. Maybe a 5 minute movie scene or a Burnistoun sketch?

Premier Icon k371
    Free Member

Holmfirth is the nearest town, nothing filmed around here to my knowledge.

Premier Icon tjagain

Edinburgh / leith
    Some film was being shot up town recently. A TV series ( again I forget what) did filming right outside my flat. Of course trainspotting although much of that was actually filmed in Glasgow

Premier Icon giant_scum
    Free Member

@squirrelking I think they film it at Wardpark now. I haven’t watched it but have heard that some of it was filmed down at Hopetoun House near South Queensferry!

Premier Icon RoterStern
    Free Member

Didn’t realize this scene from Captain America Civil War was filmed in my local airport. I even watched the film and didn’t notice at the time. The same location is used for Unknown with Liam Neeson.

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2016/05/civilwar56e1afae8ee2b-h_2016.jpg

There is also a full time film location three buildings down from where I work which is the police headquarters of one of the popular police TV shows in Germany. There is a film crew blocking the road nearly every day.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

not aware of any specifically in my home town (Reading) but the nearby places were extensively name checked in The Office. Winnersh, Taplow, etc.

Near where I live now, Guildford there’s loads. The main one is The Omen at the cathedral, but I got married in a Carry on location, the nearby areas have hosted various Merchant Ivory and Romcoms (FWAF used a couple of nearby churches, The Holiday, etc.) and then the army areas around are often used – sandpits frequently for Bond films, Bourne woods was old Anglia for Gladiator, Skyfall was on Hankley Common.

I was recreating A Sunday in Hell up the cobbles on the high street last night if that counts?

Premier Icon chakaping

Part of Killing Eve was filmed in the Turkish supermarket in my home town (where I also used to work when it was a Kwik Save in my student years).

I miss the flatbreads and huge clumps of parsley for 50p.

Premier Icon Murray

Four Weddings and a Funeral had a scene shot in The Crown Inn in Amersham. There are loads of films shot around here – https://www.visitengland.com/experience/visit-most-filmed-county-england

In contrast I can’t think of any films filmed in Maidstone where I grew up.

Premier Icon molgrips

The League of Gentlemen… well, technically just over the hill in sunny Hadfield, but more than close enough I reckon. You’ll never leave. But I did.

League of Gentlemen was filmed in Hadfield whilst I was living there. You could very nearly see my flat on some of the panning shots.

Lots of stuff filmed in my current place of residence which is Cardiff. Dr Who most famously – amusing to see them in “London” when it’s very clearly Cardiff with London style street signs put up 🙂

I was also staying in Glastonbury for a while whilst Hot Fuzz was being made in Wells so I knew it very well.

Premier Icon xora

Batman at Hartwood Asylum

Holmfirth is the nearest town, nothing filmed around here to my knowledge.

Wasn’t Last of the summer wine in Holmfirth?

Premier Icon mtbqwerty
    Free Member

Police Interceptors chasing a chav and a woman being interviewed by Stacey Dooley for being ripped off by an MLM.

Premier Icon lobby_dosser
    Free Member

where I grew up Gregorys Girl and Outlander. Where I stay now includes Trainspotting, World War Z, Fast and Furious 6 and others.

Premier Icon ash.addy

Great film, many years ago I used to know the family it was based on. Great folk’s.

Premier Icon Kryton57

The Enfield Haunting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_poltergeist) and Hatton Gardens (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hatton_Garden_Job) TV series

Premier Icon tomtomthepipersson

Quite a bit of filming takes place where I live and where I ride (Ashridge) – Harry Potter, Star Wars, Son of Rambow etc. I rode through a reconstruction of some sort of Medieval village a few years back and, more recently, straight through the set of Dolittle.

Premier Icon TiRed

The Mercy was set and based in Teignmouth. It did not end well.

Tortoise in Love was filmed in Kingston Bagpuize. We’re in the village fete scene. It did not end well either.

Premier Icon avdave2
    Free Member

Premier Icon lobby_dosser
    Free Member

ash.addy
    Great film, many years ago I used to know the family it was based on. Great folk’s.

Posted 3 hours ago

Was Gregory’s girl a true story then? I never knew that.

Premier Icon iolo
    Free Member

Premier Icon tomhoward

Edit. Not a film…

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

I don’t have a home town.

Filmed near my last and present houses are:
    null

null

null

null

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

Was Gregory’s girl a true story then? I never knew that.

I thought he was on about FAF6.

Glasgow is good for location spotting, WWZ as you said, Cloud Atlas and Unleashed were some I remember shooting whilst I lived there. Constant crews parked up by the chuck wagon on Woodlands Road as well but we could never figure out what they were up to. Oh and spotting location shots for Rab C Nesbitt around gentrified Finnieston. Been to the Crosslands a few times as well, nice place.

@mattoutandabout I can’t see all those images but I hope Doune Castle is on there! Tam Weir filmed an episode up in Killin as well (there’s a real teuchter claim to fame if you’ve been on Weir’s Way).

Premier Icon twonks

Lived all over but Leeds/ Bradford for the longest many years ago, so all those already mentioned.

Claim to fame was to be on the set very close to the action when the Woolpack door got blown off on Emmerdale 😂

Premier Icon jumble
    Free Member

First Knight filmed in our back field where they put Camelot in the opening sequences.

Premier Icon beicmynydd
    Free Member

“The keep” directed by Michael Mann was filmed in slate quarry in my home town, used to wander on the set after school as there was no security. Fantastic as we made friends with the operators of the smoke machines and they would tell us what time they where fillming and allow us to stand and watch. Also saw the directors 911 sunk in quarry mud, to se a car like that in our town was a rarity nevermind treated like that. An episode of doctor who followec a few years later but it was not possible to gain access.

Premier Icon spev

Twin Town (not seen it), Submarine (brilliant) and many Dr Who Episodes, some weird drama’s and the quite revealing but deeply depressing Swansea Love Story

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.