Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Film: Ride Local Trails
  • ChannelD

NormalMan

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed that.

matt_outandabout

Where is the like button again?

hardtailonly

Enjoyed that. Good to see a normal bloke on a normal bike riding at a normal speed, rather than some sic edit full of air, dust, jumps and skidz!

That could have quite easily been me bimbling along like that. Unlike most of the other MTB videos I see!

bellerophon
    Free Member

That was great thanks 🙂

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Nice video,I like the editing.

naffa
    Free Member

That was 10 minutes well spent. My kind of riding and speed. Thanks for sharing it with us

136stu
    Free Member

Nice film and liking your Channel D handle.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Phase9 hoody is a blast from the past!

40mpg

Like 👍

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Loved it. Looks a very nice part of the world.

neilthewheel

Thanks!

montylikesbeer

I enjoyed that, cheers

Poopscoop

Wow, a vid in can relate to. It’s what riding a bike on the dirt feels like to many of us.

It’s about the scenery and how riding makes you feel more than trying to impress the online audience.

Only thing I didn’t like was the music. It didn’t need it. Just ket me hear the tyres on the soil and the brakes scrubbing away the speed, that’s enough.

Really good though. Thanks op.

kayak23

Really well shot and edited. 👍

ChannelD

Thanks for the great feedback. Took a while to put this together. Good to see there are like minded people too. I can ride well not rad air knaw. Most of the time it is a one man band filming crew. My wife is brilliant giving me a hand too occasionally.
    Lot of raw footage on the floor. A sequel is on the cards. Big thanks for clicking the like as this helps my YouTube channel a lot.
    Keep well and safe.

jeffl

Great video. As Poopscoop says it’s the kind of riding I can relate to. Going out and enjoying the countryside, on my bike, by myself.

Makes a nice change of pace to the loam rooosting trail scalping that you seem to get on most videos nowadays.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I enjoyed that, thanks! 🙂

ChannelD

Np cheers

Poopscoop

@ChannelD

I feel guilty mentioning the music now mate!lol

Looking forward to the sequel and have subscribed.😁

CheesybeanZ

Its a yes from me.
    Very well made , I like the music choices 👌

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ah, my old stomping ground. There are some surprisingly entertaining bits of singletrack up the back of Callendar Park and along the Antonine Wall above the Falkirk Wheel. Same for Muiravonside as well.

MoreCashThanDash

Finally got around to watching it – and it’s a really lovely film. Didn’t realise other people still rode trails like that at a sensible speed on a mountain bike.

Just been looking at my ride stats for the year – less than 60 miles on my old Soul in the 10 months I’ve ridden in 2020. Most of what I used to use it for locally I can manage on a gravel bike, which seems a shame. Your film has made me want to get that bike back out and enjoy it again, and that’s going to be a goal for 2021.

ChannelD

@zigzag69 I rode some new trails by the Antonine wall and the wheel for first time this year, after 10 years!
    Local lockdown riding exploring has revealing new woods and tracks that have been right under my nose. The extra time available.
    Since March I have only filled up the car 4x.

@morecashthandash
    Thanks and happy for the inspiration.

boardmanfs18

Great editing, what software did you use ?

ChannelD

@boardmanfs Thanks for watching. The editing software I use Final Cut Pro 10 (FCPX). Highly recommended (I have not used any other editing software). Still learning new techniques/ features even after a few years! Happy help if you have any questions.

asbrooks

Nice little film..
    I too rode a lot of my local trails at the beginning of the lockdown. Used to commute to the home office but there’s not a lot around where I live. Ok to ride in the summer months but now are almost all rivers of slurry.

robido

Best I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.

spot1978
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for sharing. Nice film; reminds me of a little film I made a few years back of local trail riding…must get out and ride/film more.

I do get a little bored of the big trail/insane drop or jump films…local trails is much more my style.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Loved the camera work and the feel of the editing, but I’m sorry, the music ruined it for me – just the wrong feel for that sort of imagery. Either something more ambient/electronic (no drums, no vocals), or let the tyres and brakes provide the soundtrack.

Apart from that, cracking vid!

spot1978
    Free Member

Found my old vid from 10years ago. I think you may have just inspired me to make another film with better cameras.

ChannelD

Honestly, good to hear that this style of video and riding is hits a positive note with quite a few people.
    MTB videos with mostly chest mounted POV is not for me. Like to show the context of where why someone is riding in a location.
    Music. That is one of the hardest things I find to do when making a video like this. First finding non copyrighted music which is ‘suitable’ for the story. I do now pay for music now but still trawling music takes a long time. Music is like marmite, can’t suit everyone all the time. In fact the music in this video is not normally the kind of music I listen too. More of a armin van burden man myself. Tend to go for upbeat rock otherwise watching me ride is like watching paint dry lol. Happy to film other people with the skillz though. Use of good editing and music choice does spruce it up. Still tough though.

@spot1978
    Be interested to see your next video. Is you old one online?

colournoise

Really liking this for most of the reasons already mentioned.

Have been planning to do something like this (but as is my wont with a more lofi/arty/pretentious twist) on my local trails for ages now – this might just galvanise me into action.

Just one thing niggling me though (and it in no way affects my overall admiration for the job you’ve done) – a couple of shots with the camera(wo)man’s shadow visible I find quite distracting and fourth wall breaking.

ChannelD

@colournoise yep I know. The urge, but over thinking procrastination weather where loop! Which is all useless, for f£$#%@!, just go film something first, anything thing…. just do something. Hope it works out for you.

Yes the people shadows. Did not realise at the time and annoyed. Normally if I do notice, I take a blank film shoot of the view then film with shadow. Then in post mask out the area with the shadow and replace with a section which has no shadow. Works if you do not ride over the shadow! In this case trying to remove the shadow would have created more of a noticeable mess so left it be.
    In the viking broch shot where I ride off the high rim down into the woods, it uses this mask over technique. There is my wife up there filming me. Two cameras used at the same time

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Film: Ride Local Trails’ is closed to new replies.