Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Film – Let the right one in
  • dan74
    Free Member

Totally blown away by this movie after being put off by the title
    One of the most beautifull films i've sat through cinematography and story wise
    Anyone else seen it?

BoardinBob

Got it sitting here to watch. Looks brilliant though I reckon i'll have to be in the right "mood" to watch it.

Pigface
    Free Member

The Missus read the book on hols, couldnt get a word out of her for 2 days 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

was planning to anyway as i like horror/scary movies and it got rave reviews. have to make it a def not a maybe!

nickc

Definitely on the list of things to watch

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Missus read the book on hols, couldnt get a word out of her for 2 days

Must get it for mrs deadly then…only because it must be THAT good you understand… 😆

jimmy

tis on the lovefilm list. looking forward to it now.

Northwind

I thought the book was bollocks. Anyone know if the film is better?

househusband

Superb film, not ashamed to say that I found it quite moving in parts. Don't think they could have found more suitable/better children to play the lead roles.

higgo
    Free Member

The Missus read the book on hols, couldnt get a word out of her for 2 days

I don't s'pose it's part of a trilogy?

doc_blues
    Free Member

'spossed to be excellent, and I bet the book blows that twighlight pap out of the water too (PhD student in my office is always raving on about how good twighlight books were – until I read out the last paragraph of the last book to her, totally spoiling the story – ha ha!)

Currently reading handling the undead by the same author – pretty good

pritcsa
    Free Member

doc_blues, you're probably a troll but if not, what an absolute c*ck!

Gilles

Enjoyed it but you can see the end coming. I will wait for the american version, with car chases, slow motion with sunset in background, cars transforming in robots,etc…This is going to be a killer.

doc_blues
    Free Member

@pritcsa – explain that reasoning please, absolutely not trolling at all – I started to read Twilight and found it wasnt for me – seemed generic and tbh poorly written (my opinion) – above I merely made a comment that the Linqvist book (from which the film was made) was probably alot better that the offerings from Meyer. His writing style is certainly alot better – but then maybe his target audience is different (and I fit into it – Meyer is a bit Judy Bloom meets Count Duckula for my taste). Bottom line was I was stating my personal opinion, which I believe I am allowed in an open forum to do – to call me a cock for doing so raises some serious questions about you doesnt it?

nbt

doc_blues, I think the poster was refering more to your having spoilt an entire series for someone by reading out the end.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i saw it in the cinema. thought it was good, but not as good as i was expecting.

nicely done though, and the part of sweden that is filmed in comes across as such a dreary place!

doc_blues
    Free Member

nbt – i did kind of get that – in an office like mine it was a fairly minor jape – she has extracted suitable revenge on me

momentum
    Free Member

I saw the film in the cinema – thought it was ok, but nothing special to be honest. Nothing about it really stood out for me, although the two lead actors were good in their roles.

kimbers

excellent film, very atmospheric and inventive

i have the book but im mayking my way through the nightwatch books at the moment

roach

It bored the tits off my missus, I know that much! 😆

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

tried to see it at out local indi a few months ago but there listings were telling porky pies. sounds like it's wort seeing on a big screen

sideshowdave
    Free Member

too many holes in the story and a crap ending but other than that a great film lol 😈

househusband

too many holes in the story…

What – you mean vampires don't really exist?!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Film – Let the right one in’ is closed to new replies.