Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Filling my lederhosen with the brown stuff.
  • rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I'm sure we have all been there. I ride xc and a few months back I stacked my bike and really buggered my shoulder. Out for nearly a month. As a result it has definately affected my confidence and riding ability. Before I used to rip down the descents, now i'm anxious. Its ridiculous and illogical. What do other riders do to get rid of their demons? I would welcome any practical tips and thoughts on this as i'm out this weekend and want some of my mojo back! Haha.

Thanks.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I ruptured my spleen last year skiing – it has taken me at least a year to get MY mojo back – I now take gnarly to the MAXXX descents again now 😉 Just stick with it and go for it – it will "wear off" as you slowly forget your injury IME! 🙂

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Cheers Foxy. Without a spleen you get my respect!

foxyrider
    Free Member

RT – nope I kept my spleen d.t. to nice doctors in Calgary, Canada who had seen my injury sooooo many times 🙂 They put a guide wire up my femoral artery and blocked up my major splenic artery with some metal coils as I was bleeding out on the table 🙂

Honestly hang in there it will come back just pick up the techno steadily, softly softly catchy monkey 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

mojo lol

i lost mine after a big stack where i ended up in intensive care i decided to take a skills course just a basic one and it really helped me get confidence back to get back on the bike

the00
    Free Member

I bought a bigger, burlier bike to help my confidence for a while, before going back to a hardtail.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Find a piece of trail you find scary and challenging currently, keep riding it, getting faster each time. you'll soon get back your mojo. Just take it gradually!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Thank you people for the advice! I just love riding.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Filling my lederhosen with the brown stuff.’ is closed to new replies.