Fiesta ST – should we?

Home Forum Chat Forum Fiesta ST – should we?

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Fiesta ST – should we?
  • jamesfts

If buying one will wind up certain members I’m all in, can we start a crowd funding campaign for the OP?

I’m willing to throw in a bit extra for a noisy stainless exhaust too. Maybe we can all get one?

Haha. More the merrier. #STforblazin

Jamie

STW Fiestas roll out coming to an Asda carpark near you.

allthegear

6-speed manual only

Pity – not sure I could be bothered having a car these days that isn’t automatic, sports model or not. It’s just easier.

Having a DSG in my old Fabia VRS opened my eyes to this – amazing thing.

legend

Yeah, they weren’t aiming for the flappy-paddle/auto crowd with the outgoing ST

bigrich

buy whatever car you want.

anybody who judges someone on their car choice has just been influenced by advertising.

FunkyDunc

Titanium X has all the toys.

munrobiker

We’ve just been looking at Fiesta STs after someone wrote off my Skoda Fabia VRS. I’d wanted a Fiesta when I bought that but they weren’t any about at the time that I could afford.

We drove a few Fiestas and its biggest rival, the Peugeot 208 GTi. The motoring press seemed to rate these two as the best small hot hatches available at the moment, with the Fiesta edging it in the driving stakes. I’d agree with that, the Fiesta was slightly better to drive. However, the interior of the Fiesta is really pretty awful. It’s very date with buttons everywhere, and feels very cramped and confined. The 208 won for us because it was much, much nicer inside, cheaper for a used model of equivalent age, had more equipment and was 98% as good to drive. It’s also got a bigger boot with a wider opening so you can get a bike in easier.

I’d say that in both I miss the low end supercharger boost from the VRS much more than the auto gear box.

Edukator

Nah, just observing what the people around me drive. (Edit replying to Funkydunk)

What does your doctor drive, your hairdresser, the local estate agent (not the courtesy Smart or Clio, the one hidden round the back), your kids’ teachers, the priest, the local wide boys, the ageing wide boys, the MTBers (type “Skoda Octavia” in the search up top), the skiers, the journalist at the local rag… .

timc

Blazin-saddles – Member
    Wifey

😐

joshvegas

Jamie – Member
    STW Fiestas roll out coming to an Asda carpark near you.

Park and Ride round here.

I drove past one in an ST just as the police moved picture a scene from fast and furious in sliw mo.

Felt a right tool sitting next to that lot as they revved at the traffic lights. Couldn’t even snk into my seat in shame for looking more like one of them.

Blazin-saddles – Member
    Wifey

I actually don’t know where the ‘Y’ came from.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

munrobiker
    Peugeot 208 GTi

Got a good warranty? 😉

Jamie

I actually don’t know where the ‘Y’ came from.

The 70s? You patriarchal pig!

flaps

Pretty sure that crash vid on page 1 is on the way to Conisbrough not far from me. No real reason to lose it on that road!

I’d say get the ST, I’m considering getting a Focus ST3 myself.

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

So interesting messages on this thread. Who knew that a little Fiesta ST could be the source of such hate?

OP – Sounds like a fun car to someone who has already had hot hatches. I’d go for it.

The “personality trait” car stereotyping from the previous poster is particularly sad.

Edukator

Well the rest of the world stereotypes car drivers and finds it amusing. Only on STW would it be described as sad. US car stereotypes ( and the Harley too)

dingabell

This is a very apt thread for me.
    My wife (46) currently owns a Civic type r and is looking at buying a Fiesta ST.
    She went out in one and really likes it but we can’t help thinking it’s a bit on the small side.
    She’s probably still going to get one though as she doesn’t want to spend another three odd grand getting a Focus ST.
    I really want her to get the Focus but it’s her money not mine, so I’ll just have to nod and keep my mouth shut.
    The Fiesta’s do still look nice though.

CountZero

dukator – Reformed Troll
    I’m quite happy in 2017, making cars boring is good, horrors such as the Fiesta ST are still legal and I have no idea why. A GPS device to limit cars to the speed limit is the first step to reducing demand for cars that are more anti-social, more polluting and more dangerous than they need to be. We (especailly cyclists) are victims of a motor industry lobby that sells anti-social dreams to a population in search of adventure and strong sensations when they have fat bellies and lack the talent or bravery to do anything more than sit behind the wheel of a bloated air-bagged “sports car’.

Well, it seems that we have the new replacement for TJ when it comes to car hatred.

Nah, just observing what the people around me drive. (Edit replying to Funkydunk)

What does your doctor drive, your hairdresser, the local estate agent (not the courtesy Smart or Clio, the one hidden round the back), your kids’ teachers, the priest, the local wide boys, the ageing wide boys, the MTBers (type “Skoda Octavia” in the search up top), the skiers, the journalist at the local rag… .
    I’ve just spent ten minutes looking for the rat’s ass I couldn’t give for what all those people drive.
    For the principle reason that I don’t sodding know what any of them drive, and it has no sodding relevance to me, or, I would suggest, any other person on here or anywhere else.
    I will choose to drive what I choose to drive based on a number of specific criteria: can I afford it/afford to run it, is it comfortable to drive for extended periods, is it aesthetically pleasing to me, do I give a shit what Edukator thinks of it…
    I think it’s clear to everyone what the answer to the last is.

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

Well put Count Zero!

Lionheart

Unfortunate turn of events on here… I’m keen of the ST, will put a bit of sparkle in your life but we are confirmed petrol heads. Appreciate a serious bias here as there are so many petrol, oil, avgas burning engines in our household.. but we can only use one at a time… though I try to use as many different ones I can in a day.
    Ps love bicycles as well, definitely greatest invention so far.

Edukator

do I give a shit what Edukator thinks of it…

That’s a long a voluble post for someone who doesn’t give a… .

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

This thread has reignited my desire to remap my 120d Msport again 😀

jamesfts

do I give a shit what Edukator thinks of it…

I’d consider it a selling point if it were to wind him up further 😉

This thread has reignited my desire to remap my 120d Msport again

Must remember to refit my decat when I get chance.

sbob

Kryton57 – Member

This thread has reignited my desire to remap my 120d Msport again

This thread has reignited my desire to travel to France and shit on Edukator’s gas guzzling Dacia. 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.