Fiesta ST – should we?

Home Forum Chat Forum Fiesta ST – should we?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • Fiesta ST – should we?
  • Is your wife nineteen?

Proper joy-boy car, although unashamedly. At least it’s not one of these understated Audis with massive alloys that all the middle aged chav dads drive. It’s true, you can’t buy class.

I reckon they look pretty mint, obviously sh’ed have to race everyone off the lights though. They sound like they’ve got a bad cold aswell.

Edukator

any reason not too?

Tacky innit. It says “look at me, I’m an anti-social poser” louder than most cars. But you don’t own one yet so don’t take that as an insult – yet. 😐

Premier Icon allfankledup
    Subscriber

What does she need it to do?

They drive well, have a badge that some folks will hate but should be good fun.

trail_rat

Great fun .

Not all that noisy unless the cans been changed. In fact quite subtle. Most of the young UN’s change the can quick smart so it sounds rudeboy.

My gripe would be the harsh ride. Zetec s used to give almost as good nippy drive but in comfort.

she wants to, er, drive it.

Occasional commute for 10 miles, but that’s mostly bike these days.

She is 45 but seems to favour the, ahem, chavy side of things having owned an Ibiza FR and a Cooper S in the past.

I’m think skinned so give not one shit about whatever anyone thinks or doesn’t think of it or us, especially boring old folk 😉

Zetec S no longer in production.

Edukator

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNpt0zszs8[/video]

devash

See video above. Proper twatmobiles. If your wife is a nineteen year old apprentice bricklayer or a drug dealer then go for it!

trail_rat

Remember now edukator. Guns don’t kill people rappers do.

CountZero

It’s her choice, the ST’s generally are relatively understated, except for the badge and rear spoiler, Fiestas are great handling little cars, sadly I’ve yet to drive an ST Fiesta or Focus, but I’ve enjoyed all the Fiestas I’ve driven, and they’re very well equipped, just having the heated screen is an advantage over similar cars, and all Fords have them, to my knowledge.
    Pretty sure she’ll have a grin on her face every time she gets into it.

She is 45 but seems to favour the, ahem, chavy side of things having owned an Ibiza FR and a Cooper S in the past.

😀

I reckon go for it, and do whatever it takes to make it sound like it’s been tickled with a feather.

Premier Icon santacruzsi
    Subscriber

They’re great little cars. I had an ST2 and for going to and from work and around town it was good fun , well specced, nippy and good MPG. Motorway journey for up to an hour was ok , would get 48mpg out of it but anymore than that the Noise got a bit ‘ boomy’ for the exhaust note. Cheap to run and insure. Great fun.

I got rid as needed something bigger and got a bargain lease deal on a boring Passat alltrack!

drlex

Is the 2015 the same as the 2017? Chap at work has one on a 17 plate and I heard he’d had a few problems in the four months that he’s owned it. I’ll see if I can ask him this week what have been the issues – hopefully no more than chiropractor bills.

bomberman

No is the simple answer to the question. Just no.

i believe the 2017 is the same as 2015, yes. Interested to hear info.

she needs a small car that is fairly well appointed but IMO the A1 is over priced. I test drive the ST and it didn’t seem all that harsh to me.

Ok, so it looks like STW don’t approve. So, your brief is – small, well appointed, reasonably rapid and absolutely 100% NOT a Skoda and NOT French.

Go!

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

My Neighbour’s Dad has a ST on a 63 plate in dark blue.

Yes, Neighbour’s Dad. He is 70.

The car doesn’t suit him.

Wifey needs a new car as frankly hers is a POS and won’t be passing another MOT due to several issues.

Went looking today originally after an Audi A1 but She saw a rather nice 2015 plate Fiesta ST3 with 17k miles on clock in panther black. Price is just about acceptable, clearly I’d like cheaper but it’s ok looking around at what else is around. It’s at a Ford main dealer.

Reviews look good, any reason not too? Any owners on here with insight?

Go!

suzuki swift

Tallpaul

A Polo GTI is the slightly more grown up answer to a Fiesta ST.

Jamie

I’d say go for it. Just to annoy the s/nobs on here.

….like what does posting someone losing it in a 10 year older MK5 ST have to do with anything?

New ones are quite subtle and not massively different on the exterior than the regular 100/125bhp Ecoboost models. If anything, a bit less lairy looking than the 140bhp Red/Black variants.

Edukator

Nissan Leaf

I can hear the hysterical laughing down the fibre optic but your good lady might like it. Can I have the last laugh if she does? The French equivalent is more fun but it’s French so that leaves the leaf (no pun intended).

Premier Icon bails
    Subscriber

Ok, so it looks like STW don’t approve

Bunch of miserable sods above!

If she likes it and it’s affordable then get it. The new Fiestas are great, and the ST is obviously going to be a bit quicker than the normal ones, but it’s not anything daft.

They’re not OTT on the styling front really.

jimjam

Blazin-saddles – Member
    Zetec S no longer in production

Ecoboost 140 St-Line.

A Polo GTI is the slightly more grown up answer to a Fiesta ST.

And really expensive!

Nissan Leaf

I can hear the hysterical laughing down the fibre optic but your good lady might like it. Can I have the last laugh if she does? The French equivalent is more fun but it’s French so that leaves the leaf (no pun intended).

Hell would freeze over before she’d drive a Nissan Leaf!

Lionheart

Great fun, worthy bit of kit!

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

Regarding the price of the ST, bear in mind an all new Fiesta is out in September and there are some big savings on the current model to be had.

I’ve seen £5k off list price on a forecourt full of ST Line Fiesta’s Today so you may find a new, lower milage car for the same price as the one you have test drove.

Premier Icon santacruzsi
    Subscriber

Get the ST. It put a smile on my face every time I drove it.

Ecoboost 140 St-Line.

Yes, looked at and liked those, but the ST3 is better specced and the same price for the one we’ve seen.

I’ve seen £5k off list price on a forecourt full of ST Line Fiesta’s Today so you may find a new, lower milage car for the same price as the one you have test drove.

The best price carwow offered is still 3k more than the ST3 we’ve seen.

joshvegas

I used to drive an ST previous body shape with the 2litre engine and no turbo.

I swear I’m an inch shorter now.

Edukator

Fiesta st

Leaf/Zoé

Take it for a test drive – if you like it, buy it.

The video above is just an example of poor driving, end of.

Edukator

The video is also a excellent illustration of the dynamics of the Fiesta (and other stiffly sprung, cheaply damped hatches on unforgiving tyres).

Jamie

I think Edukator has been at the wine.

The video is also a excellent illustration of the dynamics of the Fiesta (and other stiffly sprung, cheaply damped hatches on unforgiving tyres).

No. Just crap driving.

trail_rat

No it’s what happens when you hit the brakes and steer at the same time ti avoid an oncoming car It would be as likely to happen in my berlingo as my iveco daily as my land rover as it was In that st.

Weight travels forward unweights the back and the you have kicked it out by over turning at the front. Only natural for the rear to overtake the front.

Drive like a knob get what’s coming to you shocker.

Edukator

Stone cold sober. Crap driving to get into that position, a more forgiving car would have given even a crap driver a chance of keeping it between the hedges or even in the appropriate lane.

trail_rat

One with less power maybe …then he wouldn’t have tried to overtake 😉

Stone cold sober.

😀

I think he was on about your shoes!

Jamie

I think he was on about your shoes!

Socks and sandals. 100%.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.