Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fidlock on MTB?
  • FOG

Got one on my road bike and was wondering about getting a spare mount for the MTB. Do they stay on? I seem to remember reading the Fabric magnetic bottles would fly off when things got bumpy

FOG

Ps. Just realized the Fabric mount isn’t magnetic, just minimal.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stays on just fine for me, I think I’d have to accidentally (say in a crash) knock the bottle in the right direction for it to come off.  I do find it awkward to put the bottle back while moving but usually take a drink while stopped so not a big deal for me

Rubber_Buccaneer

Fabric mount isn’t magnetic, just minimal.

Yes, the Fabric one I have seen just appears to clip on using the flex in the plastic.  Fidlock is far more secure

julians
    Free Member

yes fidlock bottles are great on mtb, mine has never come off. it works really well

timmys

I’ve never had a problem with them on my MTB (in fact I love them). Before I had them I had to take the bloody bottle cage off every time I wanted to put the bike on top of the car.

honourablegeorge

I use them, and find them really good

v7fmp

i echo the others, stays put on my mountain bike!

Nick

I have one on my Cotic FlareMax, hanging under the top tube, it’s never fallen off

FOG

Thanks all, I’ll make the investment. I have already got the bottle with the dust cap for the road bike so that should work fine on the Mtb.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Get one with the dirt cover.

*nvm, just say the above post

daver27
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant, bit susceptible to mud and not clicking back in properly, but not lost a bottle yet, including big days at BPW

breadcrumb

My mate has one and when he shoulders the bike “euro-style” it gets on the way/falls out. Not an issue if you don’t hike-a-bike so much though.

FOG

Last Fidlock question, honest. Anybody put the bottles in the dishwasher? I’ve never bothered up to press on the road bike as they barely get dirty enough but on the mtb they tend to get very claggy. Just wondered if it would affect the magnets.

daver27
    Free Member

Pretty sure the magnets are in the bracket, not the bottle.
    I’d never dishwasher any water bottle as they’ll lose their shape due to the heat.
    Also never had an issue just hosing the lumps off and then washing up in the sink, never poisoned myself at least.. how muddy/toxic is it where you ride??? 😆

julians
    Free Member

I’ve dishwashered mine a few times, no problems yet.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I’ve had Fidlocks on my MTB & gravel bike for a couple of yrs now & they’ve been faultless. Riddden Finale, Alps, & rough local stuff & never lost a bottle.
    Ive never dishwasher them, as they clean up just fine in the sink, also, the magnets are in both the mount & the bottle, which is why you can’t reverse the mount as it also reverses the polarity of the magnets & the bottle resists rather than attracts.

Incidentally, I’ve also bought their magnetic Bordo lock mount, which means it’s easy to take the lock into town without having it permanently fixed & taking up a bottle mount. brilliant idea.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fidlock on MTB?’ is closed to new replies.