Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • fibre only broardband.
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

anyone offer this without trying to offer you a pile of tv tivo set top boxes or phone lines? just want a fibre optic bb without the hassle.

scotroutes

Virgin Media?

neninja
    Free Member

You’ll need a phone line regardless won’t you so line rental is a given.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Neninja- no. Some ISPs provide an internet service from cable in the street- Virgin Media are one.

I think as SR says, VM will do this.

neninja
    Free Member

Ok – we can’t get cable round here, only phone line based services.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Don’t really need the Hassle of Virgin. Enough crap through the door selling tv and phone services puts me off. our O2 service has been sold to the company owned by the Australian human scrotum and they have started selling us the ‘benefits’ of their TV services. Can’t I just get a simple plug in here pay this and it works . Is that too much to ask?

hot_fiat

Bt infinity is amazing. I’m getting 60mbps down and about 20 up. Comes in via copper wire to the house so no new holes to be dug. Decombobulator is about the size of a large modem. Need a wireless router on top of that. Just ignored their pleadings to give me BT vision.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t really need the Hassle of Virgin. Enough crap through the door selling tv and phone services puts me off.

Virgin are exceptional IME. I have had two outages in the last 5 years and have dropped to a BB only service in that time. 30+ meg day and night. Whats not to like.?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Virgin are the ONLY one to do fibre only as not one of the others has fibre into properties.
    Trust me – I’ve just spent bts last month trying to just have broadband.
    Have no need for tv, phone etc but have ended up with EE.
    £2.50 a month as an existing customer with £11 per month line rental paid in advance.
    No one else came close cost wise.
    Would of preferred just fibre but not at almost twice the price over the year and a minimum 18mth contract for Virgin.
    Only other option was their “student broadband” at £20pm + £49.95 installation!
    FYI Dan – all of the others have fibre to the nearest “green box” then copper into the property.
    They ALL insist that you have the phone line as a “contractual requirement”
    Robbing barstewards is what they actually are….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘fibre only broardband.’ is closed to new replies.