• This topic has 42 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • fiat 500 abarth
  • heebyjeeby

Anyone got one?

liking the look of these since seeing them at the Dalby World Cup but are they really for hairdressers rather than butch mtb types like myself? 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Depends if you mean the original or the recent versions

heebyjeeby

Recent….. 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

rather than butch mtb types like myself?

Depends on if you also cut hair for a living.

heebyjeeby

Just as a pastime – is that worse??!!
    Do you get many mtbing hairdressers?
    Apologies to you all……. 😳

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Original = great!

New one = actually pretty darn good. Miles better than the mini.

Go try one – good, cheap, fun. motoring.

CountZero

Abarth 500’s are cool little cars. They’re not Fiat cars, they’re sold as Abarth cars through their own dealerships, AFAIK. Abarth are going to do a Punto as well, I believe. BMW Z3’s are hairdresser’s cars, though.
    I’d be more than happy to own an Abarth 500, I used to own a Ford Puma, which some snobs called a ‘hairdressers car’, but EVO Magazine loved the Puma; reckoned it the most fun car you could get for the money, and an Abarth is all about having fun with a small, sporty car. If you’d gone up to an Italian owner of an original Abarth tuned 500 and told him it was only a ‘hairdresser’s car’, you’d have probably been punched hard in the face. 😆

heebyjeeby

Heh quite interesting comments so far!
    Sounds like internet anonymity is good for avoiding bloody noses from angry italians……
    gotta be more fun than my (non hairdressing) golf 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If you want a fun small car get an MX5 every time.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Girl at work picked up a brand new White one this week. It looks really good IMO. It was an in stock car so she didn’t have to wait, and has got several extras Inc leather. The pricing On options can easily see you ramping up the cost though. Abarth vinyls are several hundred quid, and the scorpion badges aren’t cheap. The abarth matts are silly expensive too. It goes really well, and gets no end of admiring looks.

If I could run a small car I’d definitely look at one, probably the essesse model though as it’s 160bhp, or if I was loaded the 695 tributo – 180bhp, Ferrari red, carbon everywhere and paddleshift – mega little thing, but £35k!!!!

warton
    Free Member

I would love one, but it’s to small for family trips etc. The 695 sounds mental!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Fiat Panda 100hp is a better bet. Bigger car, same underpinnings and plenty quick enough.

You don’t have all that cod-retro cobblers either.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Guy at work has an Abarth Esseesse. Looks very nice and has a lovely exhaust note. Although I think the Cooper S is rated more highly for handling. The Esseesse is definitely not a hairdresser’s car imho!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Fiat Panda 100hp is a better bet. Bigger car, same underpinnings and plenty quick enough.
    You don’t have all that cod-retro cobblers

Panda looks bobbins, 500 doesnt

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I had one for a few days as a hire car from Hertz in Gatwick….

It was small, pokey and great fun! Very small though. I almost bumped my chin on the rear window as I looked back t reverse!

Hire cars go fast enough generally but the Fiat was a real hoot too. I felt a bit daft in it but that soon went as it sped away.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

M6 has it. I’d drive a 500, I wouldn’t drive a Panda.

Special_ized_Jamie

I drove one on a track day and absolutely loved it.

It was more fun than most of the cars there which included Elise, M3, Clio 202.

Loads of fun in the corners which was an odd feeling as I felt like I was sat quite high up

onandon
    Free Member

Evo magazine has buyers guide for the Fiat Abarth in this months issue.

bol

Our 100hp panda doesn’t look bobbins, it looks like a roller-skate and feels like one too. I like the 500, but it isn’t half as practical, and IMHO looks a bit effeminate. You do see blokes driving the Abarth, but don’t recall seeing a standard 500 being driven by a man. Not that that matters.

duntmatter
    Free Member

8)

project
    Free Member

James May drives a Panda, and as for the fiat 500, it uses the ford fiesta running gear, or the other way around, absolutely fantastic little car, how i so want one, nearly bought one when looking for a new van, but they wouldnt do a deal on both as the car was just out and in short suply.

As for the hairdresers car, hairdressers are usually well qualified in their skill and trade, have a reasonable slary, and are sometimes gay, perhaps thats the thing that puts you off the car, the thoufght your freinds think you have a trade, as oposed to working in an office all day.

codybrennan
    Free Member

IIRC, Panda,500, Ka use the same underpinnings. I like the 500 but think it too dear and too small. Panda 100 would do me.

konabunny
    Free Member

Our 100hp panda doesn’t look bobbins, it looks like a roller-skate

Looks like a Ford. 🙁

Conqueror
    Free Member

get a Lancia Delta Evo 2 😆

slightly more serious suggestion Honda Integra DC2/DC5 .. probably give a lot less grief maintenance wise than a lot of other performance cars

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If you are a girl, that would be the end of it. Oh, sorry, it has to be the right colour to match your handbag, too.

If you want a car not a fashion accessory, you need to look with better eyes than that.

M6TTF
    Free Member

If you are a girl, that would be the end of it. Oh, sorry, it has to be the right colour to match your handbag, too.
    If you want a car not a fashion accessory, you need to look with better eyes than that.

I think you mean if you need a car that offers more space and practicality but doesn’t look as good, and has poorer residual value, then go for a panda – if on the other hand you don’t need the space you’re quids in.

M6TTF
    Free Member

to be fair – the 100bhp panda looks a damn sight better than the standard car, same story with the 500,

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If everyone bought cars for purely practical reasons, the world would be a boring place.

birky
    Free Member

Here you go … Hamann Largo 500 Abarth … 261bhp

xcstu
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

If everyone bought cars for purely practical reasons, the world would be a boring place

Why? Are cars the only way of having fun or something?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a cute little car…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why? Are cars the only way of having fun or something?
    POSTED 5 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Of course not.

molgrips
    Free Member

So why would it make a difference?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I really can’t be bothered trying to explain Molgrips.

colournoise

Much as I like the looks of the 500, I’d go for one of these – not quite as quick as the Abarth 500, but I’m a sucker for Renaultsport handling (drive a Megane 225 Cup at the moment).

slainte 8) rob

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A new guy in an office at our place rolled up in a mint mk1 Golf GTI last week. Now THAT is a great car. And in five years time it’ll still be worth more than a 2011 500 I reckon.

duntmatter
    Free Member

8)

Gachet
    Free Member

Ideal if you have a preference for check shirts and cowboy hats.

Conqueror
    Free Member

If you want a fun small car get a MX5 TVR S3C every time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘fiat 500 abarth’ is closed to new replies.